cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 not showing my exist Apple Watch data contract to transfer to my new Apple Ultra 2 watch

DenClarke
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Over a month ago I purchased a new Apple Ultra 2 Watch directly from Apple to replace my old Apple Watch also purchased directly from Apple. When I go to set up the data on the new watch it initially showed my existing plan to transfer which I selected, but this transfer did not seem to work, and now when I go in again it’s asking me to set up a new plan (more expensive). My O2 account clearly shows I’m have and am still paying for my previous mobile data plan. So do not want 2 contracts.  I have exhausted my patience on countless calls to O2 call centre and visits in store who clearly have no clue. I’ve even written to the O2 complaints team but 3 weeks later I’ve not heard back from them. Can anyone please help me

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35980 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1594 Solutions

The cost of adding a watch to your contract went up some months ago to £7/month. As for help with setting it up, a search here on the forum will show that it is not straightforward in O2, compared to some other networks. Sadly, no single fix has been found - making sure phone and watch are at latest versions of software, going to an O2 shop, reaching out to O2 via Facebook or Twitter (detail at the link just below), etc...

As this recent post shows, it is not easy and you are now outside your 14-day cooling off period to move elsewhere: 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple/Impossible-to-move-data-plan-to-new-apple-watch/m-p/1672410/high...

Good luck, @DenClarke.

Message 2 of 3

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5725 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@DenClarke 

An added complication here is that complaints are said to take eight weeks to investigate and conclude, and in the meantime, other parts of O2 such as customer services might be unwilling to interact with you. That is why complaints need to be made at the correct time and as something of a last resort.   

If you have already complained, you will probably have reviewed :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I would suggest that you consider "Resolver" carefully ; they have a reputation for facilitating satisfactory outcomes. 

Please keep us informed of developments. 

Message 3 of 3