cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 customer services say I’m a liar!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I joined virgin media on the ultimate volt bundle which is advertised as coming with an o2 sim with unlimited data. My unlimited data has dropped to 250gb. I called o2 only for the agent to deny it should be unlimited data despite me seeing it on the MYO2 app while on the call! I had to call virgin media for them to raise it directly with o2 as the staff at o2 don’t even know what products they are advertising as being for sale! False advertising? Breach of contract? Does o2 need another fine from OFCOM before they start learning from their mistakes.

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

AC85C4E7-B387-409F-AB30-7DBC1E346FCF.jpeg5EFCEA23-E285-4858-9C76-42C6D455651E.jpeg

Message 2 of 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144938 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@Anonymous 

It will be unlimited once the volt benefits have been applied.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

7684EDFB-1DA2-40D5-801A-35212424FC03.png

Message 4 of 29

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6771 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

You seem to be saying that your O2 account showed unlimited but has now dropped 

I'll tag and advisor on this one

@O2Ryan can you help here

Or @O2Lisa who is on tomorrow 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 29

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all, thanks for the tag @Enlli

@Anonymous I’ll message you privately and look in to this for you. 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks … I ordered this as a single bundle that was advertised. All internet service providers request 1 month notice so customers need to arrange a new provider just over a month before so they can submit the cancellation request. It was advised my contract with my current provider didn’t end until 23rd October and my virgin broadband is due to be installed on 22nd October. It’s not my fault o2 went all greedy eager beaver and sent me the sim out as soon as I arranged it. There needs to be better communication between the 2 partners. Also, my o2 contract will expire before my virgin media does so what happens in the last month of my contract? Will I lose my virgin media volt benefits earlier then? Will I have to stay with o2 for 19 months just to keep my virgin media package? Having the components of the bundle split across 2 different dates is already causing problems at the start and will also cause problems at the end. Someone obviously didn’t think this through properly. Why sell it as a single bundle if it’s 2 separate contracts with 2 different start and end dates? Even if my volt doesn’t go active until my broadband installed, the current package isn’t what I ordered 

Message 7 of 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144938 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@Anonymous 

As I said above, the unlimited data will kick in when volt benefits are applied.

You keep the volt benefits on both contracts for the duration of your time with each provider. So, if you leave Virgin after the cooling off period, you keep the O2 benefits and vice versa.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 you are answering questions that f your own making not the questions that are being asked. Your response is pointless … don’t bother replying unless you have something useful to add. Thanks 

Message 9 of 29

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10268 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

@Anonymous 

It sounds like what has happened is that Virgin put the order through to start straight away, you are right this should be better, and not to the detriment of the customer. 

I would raise a complaint with VirginMedia as they have started the o2 part early.

Unfortunately you are not the first to have this happen and I doubt you will be the last, I have no idea why this can't be on one bill like the old oomph bills where it was included in the bundle, and you received a £0 bill from Virgin Mobile.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 10 of 29