cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service on my iPhone after updating to IOS6 Software!

Anonymous
Not applicable

In October I updated my iOS Software (as prompted by my iPhone4) and ever since then I have had No Service so have not been able to make/receive calls or texts, it says 'Searching' where the signal bars used to be! Infuriating!

When I reported this to O2 they came and collected my phone (after forcing me to Reset the Settings a million times and try a new sim card), and came back to me and said it was water damage and for the bargain price of £260 they would fix it for me!

I politely declined and have since found num,erous forums with people experienceing EXACTLY the same problem once they updated to the IOS6 software. I also took this to my Company's tech guys who said that if the phone was water damaged I wouldn't be able to connect to the WiFi or use the other functions on the phone...all of which work PERFECTLY!

Please someone help! Has anyone else had the same problem?? Kills me that I am paying for a useless brick!

Ellie

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
If after cleaning and replacing your sim and restoring via iTunes its still happening then circumvent 02 and book a genius appointment at your most local apple store.

Also try holding the power button and home button until the apple logo appears and then let go. This is alike to a battery pull.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
If after cleaning and replacing your sim and restoring via iTunes its still happening then circumvent 02 and book a genius appointment at your most local apple store.

Also try holding the power button and home button until the apple logo appears and then let go. This is alike to a battery pull.
Message 2 of 9

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

you have tried restoring in itunes etc?

If it is out of warranty apple will do an out of warranty swap for much less than that repair quote. If in warranty take to apple store after booking a genius appointment and they will sort it

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thankyou.

It is in Warranty but because I had the screen replaced in a non apple store it is void.

The whole thing is SO frustrating! It all worked perfectly fine until I updated the software 😞

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
What iOS have you updated to ?
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im just updating to IOS6.1.2 now...have been too scared to update it after my last experience
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's the iOS I'm on now with no issues.

Lets hope this cures your issue.

Just a note : ensure your iTunes is up to date too. wink

Let us know how your fare !
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update installed and still all exactly the same....even after restarting...

Looks like Im going to have to buy a new phone 😞

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Update installed and still all exactly the same....even after restarting...

Looks like Im going to have to buy a new phone 😞

Sorry to hear the update has not worked  slight_frown

Unfortunatley to go back to the previous ios is a mine field.

I have included a link that shows you how.

I hope the moderators allow it as this may be your only way of resolving your issue.

If you feel brave enough and carry this out at your own risk !

Link : http://www.mactrast.com/2012/09/how-to-downgrade-from-ios-6-back-to-ios-5-1-1/

If this one is a bit over the top then just google on how to revert back to an older ios.

Message 9 of 9