Did you mean: 

Is it safe to migrate to esim now

bumpkincats
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi there,

I went to my local o2 store on Thursday to migrate my number to esim and was told there were issues with the migration. They gave me an esim pack and told me to wait a day or so before trying.  Does anyone know if there are still issues, or is it safe to migrate?  I also have an Apple Watch - will I have to re-pair the watch to my iPhone 14 Pro after the migration?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

bumpkincats
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for all the replies. My question was whether it was safe to migrate following the O2 outage on the first weekend of February which caused a lot of migrations to fail. I never did get a reply as to whether the problem had been resolved. However, I am pleased to report that I migrated to esim yesterday and it went through with only one minor hitch.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6673 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

I moved over a month ago, no problems.

The problems seem more about being able to issue them.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 7

bumpkincats
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks. O2 had a migration outage last weekend.  I don't want to migrate until I know the issue has been resolved as I don't want my phone to stop working!

Message 3 of 7

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36205 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

I did a SIM Swap in MyO2 less than a month ago, from an older 4G physical SIM to a 5G physical SIM, all completed within about 5 minutes:

Screenshot_20230202-225918.pngScreenshot_20230116-115512.pngScreenshot_20230202-141422.png

Message 4 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10230 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3014 Solutions

Never had a problem with migrating to esims.. 

We did 50 at work last week slight_smile all completed in 1 hour

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 7

bumpkincats
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for all the replies. My question was whether it was safe to migrate following the O2 outage on the first weekend of February which caused a lot of migrations to fail. I never did get a reply as to whether the problem had been resolved. However, I am pleased to report that I migrated to esim yesterday and it went through with only one minor hitch.

Message 6 of 7

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36205 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Who Dares Wins, @bumpkincats - thanks for the feedback, appreciated.

Message 7 of 7