cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ipad Just got it

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I can sign into my o2 account online but soon as I try on the iPad doesn't allow me?

Also since only getting it today, I can send any texts ?? 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27886 Solutions
You can't send texts from an iPad I don't think. Only iMessages when connected to wifi or mobile data.
What errors are you getting when trying to log into your MyO2?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
You are right @MI5, you cannot send SMS from an iPad, only iMessages. Saying that though, if Mikey has an iPhone, he can set up text message forwarding which would allow him to reply to text messages from the iPad.
Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

It might be because the iPad isn't a cellular device so there isn't an o2 account for the iPad 

Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

* Only iMessages* Its on Moblie Data. also for my o2 its saying there is no account under that username when there is I can login via the website??

Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the account for your mobile device or your iPad? Normally as far as I know only mobile phones have myo2 accounts 

Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have applied the discount now. Just still cant login into my o2 account.

Message 7 of 16

MI5
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27886 Solutions
Try deleting the app from iPad and reboot.
Reinstall app and try logging in again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 8 of 16

MI5
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27886 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Is the account for your mobile device or your iPad? Normally as far as I know only mobile phones have myo2 accounts 

My tablet and car wifi both have their own MyO2 accounts.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 9 of 16

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Tablets purchased from o2 on a contract will be cellular, it's just that o2 list them as mobile broadband tariffs further down my o2
Message 10 of 16