cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum looks very basic when posting from iPad 2?!

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
When I post a new thread on here from my iPad 2(like I am doing now), I get this horrible tiny box, which has the word 'Body' above it and this is where I need to enter my text.

I get no options of formatting, nor the option of including a quoted post which I am replying to but instead, just this horrible 'Body' box (I can't even post a picture of if because the formatting options are not shown).

Why is this happening?

I also post on Virgin Media's forums (which are also provided by Lithium, who also provide the O2 forums) and I had the same exact issue there.

This was escalated by the mods at Virgin Media and Lithium made a change inside, and then this 'body' box vanished and I had full use of the formatting options on my iPad.

Can something be done about this here as well please because it is very difficult posting here from my iPad ( the 'body' box is literally 1cm wide (top to bottom) so I cannot even see the text above which I have written as it scrolls out of view!!)
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I'm the same on my iPad Air.

The lithium software does not allow iOS to use the Rich Editor to add pictures etc.

However look at the Dolphin Browser available through the App Store.

This does allow use of the Rich Editor. slight_smile

I've had lots of conversations with @Toby on this subject and I'm still waiting for any changes.
Message 2 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144563 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
If you can provide Toby with more details of the changes made by Virgin he could pass them on, possibly ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 23

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
The Lithium software MUST have the ability to allow iOS to use Rich Editor as the Lithium software was changed on the Virgin Media forums as the 'body' box no longer shows on there and I have full use of the editing options there.

I am unsure what changes were made suffice to say that they were indeed successful in changing the forums to work with iOS.

I will try and find the link to the thread regarding this, on the VM forums.
Message 4 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Many moons ago we could use the Rich Editor but whatever change they did crippled that feature. 😞
Message 5 of 23

MI5
  • 144563 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
It appears that it's still possible with the correct knowledge of how to do it.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 23

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

This has been reported time and again but until O2 push Lithium then things won't change. We are awaiting a new design so perhaps they will fix whatever they unfixed previously.

Message 7 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I find it a bit strange that O2 use such a mobile unfriendly platform for their forum but like most things I guess it all comes down to £££
Message 8 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
On the off chance someone is listining who has the power to change things for the better I vote for vBulletin
Message 9 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's weird because I can use the rich editor on my MacBook Air using OSX Mavericks but not Safari.

Like I said the Dolphin Browser allows this use on my iPad Air and iPhone so it's possible but just not with he Forums current Lithium set up.
Message 10 of 23