cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does factory reset mean the screen lock password is disabled?

MintyFresh
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I need some advice please.

I’ve had my iPhone XR returned from o2 for the 2nd time. I’ve a few issues with the phone so it had to go back for repair.

I’ve just received it back for the 2nd time and, again, it says the engineer couldn’t access my device as the screen lock function was enabled. I restored the phone to factory settings and disabled Find my iPhone last month before I sent it to them the first time.

Am I being really daft and not realising I have to do something else?

I would really appreciate some advice as I don’t know what else to do.

Many thanks.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144985 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@MintyFresh 

When you go to Settings >General >Transfer or reset you get the option to either reset or erase all content and settings. So they are different.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144985 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@MintyFresh 

Erase all content and settings does.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

MintyFresh
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 

Thanks for your reply.
Is erasing all content and settings the same as a factory reset or something else?

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144985 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@MintyFresh 

When you go to Settings >General >Transfer or reset you get the option to either reset or erase all content and settings. So they are different.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4