Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Series 5 Setup

MylesTagoyet
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good morning each,

Seems as though this is a common problem. 

Despite getting a message appx 4 days ago to inform me that my new watch was associated with my number etc, I cannot activate/set-up my data plan either. I follow all the steps verbatum, but when I click "set-up mobile data, I get a "please wait whilst the page is loading message" appear fleetingly, then an "Ooops, something went wrong, try again...... call 202 quoting error ref code 15" 

This of course is useless as there is no-one there to answer the calls (you go through the preamble of confirming the number and device you want to talk about, then it puts you through to a "we cannot answer you call right now sorry, blah, blah"

My MyO2 account shows the watch etc.

Clicking the mobile data button on my watch brings up a screen showing "no sim, no connection"

Come on O2, you were quick enough to send me the watch and start charging me for the various plans, please sort this out.....

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123177 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@MylesTagoyet 

Totally agree. As you say there are numerous people with the same issue. We had loads of posts this and last week. I will mention @Chris_K here and see if he has any idea when the system will be fixed.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MylesTagoyet
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff  Thank you.

(apologies for the duplicate post too)

Message 3 of 5

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Sorry you’re having connection issues with your Apple Watch. Our teams are aware and working on a resolution. We hope it will be resolved soon, though we currently have no ETA.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 5

MikeAlpha
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Chris and Social Media Team.

It's been almost 5 months now, starting with callers not hearing a ring sound when calling me (my phone rings fine btw) and at the same time the mobile data stopped working on Watch S5.  I've had numerous texts from your "technical" team, including a call yesterday that started with "well, I just heard ringing when I called you, so it must be fixed, right?".  Maybe it is...

However, crucially,  the Watch S5 STILL doesn't not load mobile data, despite un-pairing and pairing of the watch, multiple power off/on of the iphone, sending prayers to any technological beings remain unanswered and the Watch does NOT HAVE MOBILE DATA! 😞

Please, be honest with your loyal customer base and tell us what the ACTUAL issue is and when it will be fixed?

Thanks

Mike.

Message 5 of 5