cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

major confusion!! o2 took money for wrong thing..

Anonymous
Not applicable

yesterday i upgraded early over the phone, they said itd cost £286 to pay off my outstanding contract, plus £89.99 for the handset. i paid this over the phone, *he then asked if i wanted to pay any of my bill-even though its not due until mid-march so no need to really, i said NO. he said no problem* i then asked is that all sorted now and my phone will come tomorrow? he said yes. recieved the handset today. it says no service, contacted o2 via chat and they said i owe £200 for my cancellation fee.. but i already paid the £286 yesterday. no he said, you paid that for your bill and paid OVER YOUR BILL AMOUNT (my bill obviously doesnt come to that amount i dont call the moon!). erm why would i pay for a phonebill thats not even due yet when already paying so much to upgrade? and then leave the termination fee unpaid?? how am i going to resolve this im so confused. cant even use my phone to call o2 as theyve barred both my old sim and my new one!!

am i missing something? im so confused lol

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Retards, absolute retards.

You have to call o2 and insist on speaking to someone higher up.
Put in a complaint and get it escalated.
Message 2 of 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144785 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27755 Solutions
Due to complete incompetence of the advisor you spoke to unfortunately.
Use chat here to start with http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 30

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

What a crazy situation. I worry about the competence of people these days.

Message 4 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

feel like crying i dont know what to do!

Message 5 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's ridiculous, even for O2!

Message 6 of 30

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Call them up and ask to speak to a manager. Don't let them tell you there is none available. Tell them you are staying on the phone until you speak to a manager. Make a note of everyone you speak to and make a point of asking for the adviser's name even if they have already given it to you once.

Message 7 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes another example of sheer incompetence.

I would STRONGLY advise not using Live Chat for this issue. They will almost certainly make a bad situation even worse.

As @jonsie has said, call CS on 202 or 0344 809 0202 and politely demand to speak to a senior. They must have a manager available. Once it is all sorted out I would also request compensation.

Don't let this go. Stand your ground.
Message 8 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 123212 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

I think @Anonymous needs to ring from a landline as they have stated both old and new sims

so 0344 809 0202 is the only number available to them?...

Absolutely outrageous state of affairs.:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Look, I'm sorry, and I know I'll get slagged off for this, but aren't you all over-reacting and just winding things up by suggesting that the OP calls CS with a high and mighty attitude insisting on talking to a manager?

OK, they have every right to, but take a step back and think about the easiest and quickest way to resolve the problem, (I.E. get them a working phone service for the price agreed).

The live chat agent was obviously wrong about the £286 being used to pay off the bill - you lot should realise that even if the OP doesn't.

As such, if they phone CS, and ask the agent why the sim hasn't been activated, and to confirm the payments on the account, they'll probably sort it out in a reasonable timeframe.

If they call and start mentioning the confusion that live chat brought up, it just adds an extra layer of crap in to the mix.

Much better not to even mention having spoken to live chat, (who we KNOW have given out misleading info), and approach the problem afresh.

Otherwise it'll just take longer to resolve.

Message 10 of 30