cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

major confusion!! o2 took money for wrong thing..

Anonymous
Not applicable

yesterday i upgraded early over the phone, they said itd cost £286 to pay off my outstanding contract, plus £89.99 for the handset. i paid this over the phone, *he then asked if i wanted to pay any of my bill-even though its not due until mid-march so no need to really, i said NO. he said no problem* i then asked is that all sorted now and my phone will come tomorrow? he said yes. recieved the handset today. it says no service, contacted o2 via chat and they said i owe £200 for my cancellation fee.. but i already paid the £286 yesterday. no he said, you paid that for your bill and paid OVER YOUR BILL AMOUNT (my bill obviously doesnt come to that amount i dont call the moon!). erm why would i pay for a phonebill thats not even due yet when already paying so much to upgrade? and then leave the termination fee unpaid?? how am i going to resolve this im so confused. cant even use my phone to call o2 as theyve barred both my old sim and my new one!!

am i missing something? im so confused lol

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123132 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Rather than the sim cards been barred it is possible that the change over is happening.
Try rebooting the new sim card to see if it comes online.

In view of the OP's LATEST post about their account being in credit....this seems a distinct possibility.:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

i clearly recieved an email, and a text message at 6am this morning, and both my sims were barred  due to me owing this money... which is why i live chatted someone and they said yes thats right..

BUT

just spoke to the manager. she said my account is actually IN CREDIT and i dont owe anything!!!!??? what the F!!!

Then what was the manager's explaination for the lack of service?

Once you have someone on the line, don't let them go until they've answered ALL of your questions, or directed you to someone who can.

You should have asked her directly WHY you received email and text messages that she is now contradicting.

Phone back and ask to speak to the same person, or at least another manager, and ask them directly what the status of your account is, and to explain what has happened and why.

Afterwards, repeat it back to them, and ask if you have understood it correctly, and ask them to confirm what has been said in an email.

That way they won't try to fob you off with half baked excuses.

Message 22 of 30

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Well no, first you had a dig at all the posters here by saying:
"The live chat agent was obviously wrong about the £286 being used to pay off the bill - you lot should realise that even if the OP doesn't."
When in fact us lot have seen exactly that happen before.
Do you think we just guess this stuff up?
Message 23 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

I disagree totally with the OP approaching CS with only half a story @Anonymous  ie as you said...

"Much better not to even mention having spoken to live chat, (who we KNOW have given out misleading info), and approach the problem afresh".

If they leave out the most important part, then I have visions of something similar occurring again..

Yes it's important to get it sorted... but as this 'should' be down on the OP's records.. they do not want to find themselves further out of pocket by missing out important facts...

Not meaning to be rude to anyone, but it depends on how good the OP is at dealing with problems like this over the phone.  Some people are easily flustered and find it difficult to present all of the information in a way that the next agent will understand.  Call centre staff tend to 'turn off' completely if they don't understand the complaint within the first 30 seconds or so.

I tend to keep everything to hand, (who I spoke to, when, what they promised to do), but if there is a lot of it, I try to filter out the most important parts first.

And also, people should always make it clear to the CS agent, HOW they want a problem resolved.  Refund, cancellation, change of service or whatever.  Clearly state that.  Then there can be no argument about it.

Message 24 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 123132 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Which is exactly why we are trying our best to advise the right way to get the problem resolved. Money refunded (if appropriate)  and provide the OP with a working phone.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viridis wrote:
Well no, first you had a dig at all the posters here by saying:
"The live chat agent was obviously wrong about the £286 being used to pay off the bill - you lot should realise that even if the OP doesn't."
When in fact us lot have seen exactly that happen before.
Do you think we just guess this stuff up?

No idea what you're commenting on at all, I'm afraid.

Community regulars know that live chat is an unreliable service, the OP probably doesn't.  Am I wrong there?

And if this is going to turn in to another silly thread where everyone slags me off and kudos each other's posts in a mutual back-patting manner, just because I express a different view, then can we create a new thread for that in the off topic section, or do it via private messages, otherwise @Toby is going to end up having to spend a whole afternoon moderating this thread and reminding us to behave ourselves.

Message 26 of 30

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
O2 will gladly refund the excess, then the op is free to reply upgrade once the original handset is returned.
In-between that time o2 will charge the op for the full value of the phone
The op will be asked to return the phone and then once assessed, a credit will be applied to the account for the full value of the phone.
Once this has been done the op will then be able to upgrade.
Well, that's the normal story we hear.
Simple things such as transfers and reorder to match goods already received seem to not exist in the cases I've heard.
Message 27 of 30

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I was simply pointing out community regulars do see cases where airtime is credited instead of handset time and that we don't guess these things up.
About the rest, Stop being paranoid, this so far is a good discussion and will be a good reference point for future similar cases.
Message 28 of 30

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
For the record, I think live chat relayed the correct information this time.
I think the bulk payment was applied to airtime and the £89 applied to handset plan leaving the balance quoted to him of £200.
The op needs to get everything in order in regards to figures and sums,
Call CS
And speak to someone higher up.
Message 29 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, avoid live chat, CS, are always more helpfull plus more competant over the phone, sometimes a long wait though. Hope you respolve it promptly.

Message 30 of 30