cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 and o2 Open discount code

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All,

I have been given a 02 Open code from a friend, today I went into a o2 store to pre-order the iPhone 6 and was told the open code cannot be applied to iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus because o2 are delaying the open code discount for iphone 6 and iphone 6 plus handsets. Is this true??

I don't see that the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus is not mentioned in o2 open code discount terms and conditions - http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/o2-open-terms-and-conditions

Thank you,

Phone folk

Message 1 of 85
84 REPLIES 84

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fair enough.

I hope your more than happy with Vodaphone.

😄
Message 31 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am only interested in the airtime tariff that goes with the iPhone 6 giving unlimited texts and minutes and 20GB data for £28 or £19.60 pcm on O2 Open.

The iPhone 5S, Glaxy S5 and an HTC phone share the same airtime. It is a pity O2 don't offer the airtime as SIM only as I buy my handsets SIM free anyway not on a contract.

I doubt it will be long before other providers start decoupling the airtime from the handset anyway. It's a dog eat dog world in Mobile Comms.

Curently I am using one of 3 PAYG SIMS I have from EE that give 10GB of data for £15 that lasts 90 days so I have 270 days data for my home (a houseboat).

Don't foget the O2 Open workaround either I posted up for those desperate for an iP6 and want the Open discount. Just tell O2 to send the naffy Android handset or whatever directly to their recycling address.

Message 32 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually I am even perplexed why people are even sounding narked that O2 are not offering the discount on the iP6 when they can get the disocunt on another firm.

Just be smug that O2 have lost a customer and the money anyway. It is well know that loyalty means nothing these days. Not sure why - anyone go an answer for that?

Message 33 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous actually 02 havent lost that £1200 that you were going to spend. they are going to gain money as there will be some else to buy that shiny Iphone you were going to buy and will pay full price for it. I can't understand why people think 02 would discount a product that at the moment there is still a back log in pre-orders for. this is how business work no mater if they are turning over 2 billion punds a year if there is an option for an aditional 1p a year they will take it

Message 34 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousI'm not sure where this massive 'backlog' is you're referring to? Every shop I've physically been in has either had the phone in stock there and then, or if not (eg the grey version which I'm told has sold more than the other 2 combined) there is a 3-4 day wait while they order it in.

I'd understand more if there were month(s) long waiting lists, then your logic would certainly apply. But as far as I can see (I'm in the South West) there is no such thing and o2 have phones stocked up (currently) going no where. Personally if my stock was piling up and potential customers were going elsewhere, for the sake of a £1-200 I'd be pulling my finger out my ass and making sure I got a piece of that £££.

Message 35 of 85

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144393 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Rightly or wrongly it's O2's decision (which is the same every year) so no amount of questioning it will change it.
The same questions are asked year after year and you'll see them next year too but it won't change anything at all.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 36 of 85

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Rightly or wrongly it's O2's decision (which is the same every year) so no amount of questioning it will change it.
The same questions are asked year after year and you'll see them next year too but it won't change anything at all.

Are you saying nothing will change ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 37 of 85

MI5
  • 144393 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

Are you saying nothing will change ?

Let me think about that for a min....... ThinkingDon't know

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 38 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable
Correct me if I'm wrong and I apologise beforehand if I am. Tbe O2 open discount only applies to the tarrif and not the handset.
I've upgraded online and paid off my existing contract and taken an O2 refresh tarrif for the iphone 6. I've just this minute spoken to customer services and the lady I spoke to said that the discount does apply as its on the tarrif and not on the phone. So I am a little confused now.
Message 39 of 85

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

It applies to the airtime part of the Refresh deal but as far as anybody is aware it won't apply to iphone 6 or 6 plus yet.

Message 40 of 85