cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4 "NO SERVICE GPRS "

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I have a problem with an iPhone I have recently bought. I bought it off an x friend. Anyway, the problem is that when I try putting a SIM card into it, it starts searching for reception then comes up at the top of the screen saying "NO SERVICE GPRS ". I've tried clearing network settings, I've tried switching it off and back on. I've tried airplane mode switching with no success. I've done a lot of searching online to try find some information about fixing it but found nothing. I've checked its imei number and all seems ok. I have no idea how to get this phone working. I would love to get it working as my iPhone 5 battery is now nackerd and has to stay on charge 24/7 to receive calls. This isn't very practical tho as I can not take my iPhone 5 outside with me and cannot be contacted unless I'm at home. Any info on how I can get the iPhone 4 working would be brilliant, cheers 🍺😜👍
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144683 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
In order to get the phone blocked the original owner would have reported it lost or stolen.
Either way now, you are stuffed unless you can get your money back somehow.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 20

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23159 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
In order to get the phone blocked the original owner would have reported it lost or stolen.
Either way now, you are stuffed unless you can get your money back somehow.

That makes it even sneakier, if the ex-friend sold the phone and then reported it. I can understand why they're an ex-friend.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 20

MI5
  • 144683 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
I'd be sending "the boys" round for a chat.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's my understanding that CEX book in the handset for approx 1 hour to check it connects to the network, and is not listed as lost or stolen.

They don't buy imei locked phones.

You also have to be a member to sell to them.

Message 14 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was tempted to go round myself. I know where he lives. I've not saw him for a long time now. He has been outcasted in the town. His car has been scratched many times, his door has been vandalised. That's what happens when you abuse a puppy in a small town full of dog lovers. If only I kept his number I might of been able to get it fixed. I'm tempted to call O2 again to see if he's done an insurance job on me. I'm not a grass but I'm the one that's out of pocket now
Message 15 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 123132 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Yes it was a concern in my first post that the EX friend had pulled a very sneaky trick. I have no doubt he thought you were involved in reporting him for animal cruelty.

Sounds like despicable type of payback to me. (allegedly) slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 20

MI5
  • 144683 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
If it is an insurance job it would be classed as fraud and I'm sure the Police would be interested to hear about it.....?

Currently using:
Message 17 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 really should change the way they ban iPhones. Every web site I can check the imei number on says the iPhone is ok and working ( not barred or blacklisted) what's to stop me from continuing this viscous cycle and selling the phone on as a working-clean iPhone? All I'd need to do is tell them to check the imei number on the net and they would see a legit iPhone. I'm not that evil tho.

Message 18 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Ones integrity should stop a person doing such practices.

Unfortunately in today's world people do this and pass on the issue.
Message 19 of 20

MI5
  • 144683 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
I suspect the other databases haven't caught up yet.... but they will eventually.

Currently using:
Message 20 of 20