cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking iPhone 4 to all networks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wonder if someone could give me some advice as I'm unsure if I'm doing it right.
So I'm now due for an upgrade going for the iPhone 5s so the mother in law Is going to have my old iphone 4 so I filled in the online request for to unlock my phone got a reply 2 days later saying its been granted and to plug my iphone 4 into a computer start up iTunes with a different network sim in so did this with a Virgin sim and all I got was iphone has failed activation please try again and my phone basically reset it's self as if it were brand new (which scared the hell out of me because I have loads of photos of my kids on it and never back up lol) so I pop my old sim in it booted back up and thank god everything went back to normal so what's the deal I'm I doing something wrong?
Thanks for your time
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will give that a go. Thanks

Message 21 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome.

Let us know how you get on.

slight_smile
Message 22 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144753 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions
Phone can't be blacklisted if you are able to make calls.... It either works or it doesn't !
Anyway, usually after 24 hours the IMEI updates - You can check in your "My O2" and see what phone is listed in there - This will tell you that the IMEI is on the database and tied to your number.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked "my o2" and it was showing the imei and iphone in use but the message from o2 kept saying imei not registered. Not sure what customer service did, but they eventually sorted it out for me! Thanks guys.

Message 24 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're very welcome.

slight_smile
Message 25 of 26

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions