cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving Texts from 07786205094

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have uploaded the IOS 7 software and i have since received 4 texts from 07786205094 with the following message, has anyone else received this?  i have forwarded it to the O2 spam number 7726, i am worried i will received charges now

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems to be a problem with iMessage.  Every time I try to set it up I get the same text message sent and I can't select my own phone number at which to receive iMessages so although I can send them, and they are being received, I cant receive any replies

My 4S, which I updated to iOS7 yesterday is fine but my new 5S just wont connect for iMessage which is very annoying.

Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I too have had the dreaded 07786205094 texts 5 of them all with what looked like code. So I called Apple - "Is this text message from you guys?"

"Definately not" was the response "delete without opening and block the number was the "official" advice."

Also "contact your airtime provider" - HA some chance in melt down!!!!!!!!!

Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Use the blocking facility in iOS7 = Sorted.

Message 14 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had to have a replacement 4S handset this morning from Apple and within minutes of activating the handset and signing in to my iCloud account I received a message from this number. This was despite the replacement handset being on iOS 6. I deleted it and received another shortly afterwards.

After getting home and updating to iOS 7 (as my 4S was running this before replacement) I received two more text messages. I restored the phone from a back up and again received more text messages.

Eventually I decided to Google the number and found this thread. It prompted me to ring Apple who after a lot of questions admitted that this was a known problem which they are trying to sort out. They think it is to do with new phone activations on iOS 7 but it obviously extends to all new phones whatever the OS as my replacement handset was on iOS 6.

Their advice was to do a fresh restore and set up as a new phone which I did reluctantly. On start up I received the text message again so Apple's advice didn't work so I have once again restored my 4S but this time to a back up and I have blocked the number.

It's definitely to do with activation of some sort as if you switch iMessage off and on again you will receive the text message.

Hopefully Apple will fix this soon.
Message 15 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I solved the problem according to this thread on the apple forum:-

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5055132?start=15&tstart=0

See the post from taytos

The issue is with TUGO, app from O2.

Go into the TUGO app, go into account, delete your account. Delete the TUGO app. Go into your iMessage and FaceTime area in settings and disable them and re-enable them. Gets rid of the problem.

Seems the TUGO app intercepts the service updates and delivers them as a bunch of rubbish.

I just deleted the app , didn't bother deleting my account. Then updated the settings. After about 2 mins it had all worked.

Message 16 of 16