18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144894 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

Can you advise further please?
How/where did you change number?
Is this a new account, new phone, new network etc....?
If it's only recently changed it might need a few hours, maybe overnight to settle down.....

Also, check your postcode here http://status.o2.co.uk/

Generic help thread here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

have you performed the sim swap if youve changed sim card sizes ?

http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk

Try turning your phone off and back on if you have.

It can tale from a few minutes up to 24 hours to properly settle.

Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue, I got a new iphone today and recycled my old phone but have left the sim card in the old one. I'm not sure whether I need my old sim or whether this new one will be my same number. My phone has said no service since 5pm today

Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi

You needed your old sim as part of the sim swap is to recieve a code on the old sim to start the swap on the new one.

Either ring 02 or use live chat or go into your local o2 store to get sorted out.

Contact us link with all relevant points of contact is at the foot of the forum page.

Message 5 of 19

MI5
  • 144894 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
You need to report your old sim card as lost so it can be disconnected - You should never leave your sim in a phone (if it's active) when you recycle it.
If however, you did it in an O2 store and they have instigated the sim swap you will be OK - It will just take a while for the new sim to become active.
Keep turning the phone off and on or switch between airplane mode to help it along.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 19

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

The store won't be able to help you as they send a text to the phone for security. You need to contact customer service as soon as possible to get the number transferred to the new sim card. Hopefully the old sim card won't have been used in the meantime.

Message 7 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

The store won't be able to help you as they send a text to the phone for security. You need to contact customer service as soon as possible to get the number transferred to the new sim card. Hopefully the old sim card won't have been used in the meantime.

They will however allow the OP to use the instore phone if they dont have another working mobile or landline.

Message 8 of 19

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Yes I hadn't thought of that, a trip into town to use the phone....

We have heard on quite a few recent threads on how difficult it is to speak to 02 right now via 202/4445 or Live Chat.

So Yes maybe a trip into town to get this sorted and services back up and running is warranted.

Message 10 of 19