Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 6+ instore preorder- help!

Anonymous
Not applicable
on ‎15-09-2014 17:39

Hi. I'd appreciate any help
I preordered my iphone 6+ instore on Friday, I was informed delivery would be 7th October. I received a text confirming these details. Today I decided to call 02 to see if this was defiantly the delivery date and they seem to have no record of my order. They asked me for an order number but I have nothing on my receipt and I haven't received an email just a text with a ref... I'm now slightly worried my order seems to have gotten lost.... Should I be worried???

Someone on chat told me to cancel the order I have already done instore and order again... I'm not keen on this as obviously this means my delivery will be even later.

If this does get resolved does what does anyone think of my chances of receiving my phone before the 7th oct??

Thxs.
Message 1 of 62
61 REPLIES 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

In the same boat.

CS told me the store haven't processed the pre-order properly. Store rep tells me CS are giving o2 a bad name. Really.

Had a 40 minute conversation with "Divik" in CS and then told by another o2 rep that the conversation never happened, because they had no record of it. Probably because he told me a number of times that ALL iPhone 6s (standard or plus) were being dispatched on 19th.

My receipt for a deposit is the only proof I have of an order, although CS insist that the pre-order wasn't processed properly and that the store are giving out incorrect info.

And I'm not surprised by any of it. o2 are really laughing at their customers becuase so many are tied down to a contract that they can't get out of.

All of which adds up to a giant complaint and claim for reimbursement when I next go back to the store.

Message 31 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable
The only thing that's keeping me going is that I was told I'll definitely receive my handset on or around the 7th as the store have been giving a set amount and my order is in that.

I don't understand why instore orders are on delay when online orders that were placed after the 12th (when I ordered mine) are being processed...
Message 32 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 customer services are talking broken biscuits.

I've sopoken with the store I have ordered from.  They tell me that the order I have made is for their pre-allocated stock.  On 12th they had a list of their stock which they were alble to sell on pre-orders.  Some stores had more than others.  If you pre-ordered from a store you got one of their handsets.

Your order doesnt show up in my o2 becuase you havent ordered from o2, you have ordered from store.  The order has gone through and the ref number you were text from O2 preorder and given on your till receipt is your order number from that store.  The only people who will be able to answer questions about that order are the staff in the shop your ordered from.

The stores have had their delivery of 6 plus delayed across the board.  They are not expecting them in until 7th october.  At the time I ordered the representative in store didnt know this.  If he had done I wouldnt have put the order through.  Despite finding out later in the day I decided to let it go and not to cancel it because at the time people werent even being able to get orders made via the internet, chat or on the phone.  This does appear to have been a mistake.

It does appear to be daft.  Particularly as there is stock flyiong out from o2 online now and yet the shops still do not expect delivery until 7th oct.

I shant be using a store again.  Hopefully O2 will not allow a "preorder" channel in store again.  It seems to be entirely pointless.

Message 33 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable
Probably different supply avenues.

I hope you get your iPhone asap.
Message 34 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous
Thanks! This was super helpful and pretty much what I expected. It's just so annoying and frustrating.
Message 35 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just got a text to say my phone is ready to collect! Woooo.
Won't believe it until I see it! I'll keep you posted.
Message 36 of 62

adeuk5
Level 3: Thinker
  • 38 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

wow, that is very promising for the rest of us then.

Which model did you order?

Hope for your own sanity that it isn't a false alarm slight_smile

Message 37 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good luck. slight_smile
Message 38 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know! I hope it's not a false alarm. I ordered the + 64gb, space grey.
Message 39 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully this is a good sign for all of us waiting on in-store pre orders!

Message 40 of 62