cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5s keep connecting to GPRS

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I am on my second iphone 5s in a week . The first one keeps losing 3G signal and changing to GPRS , which means if I'm out and about I cannot connect to internet or check e mails etc . I have spoken to customer services and changed a few thins , I went into O2 shop and they check SIM card and that was ok . I have received new phone today and it is only doing same thing so it can't be the handset this time . Has anyone any ideas ? Does O2 need to send settings to my phone !!!??? I have been with orange for years and never had a problem or on my iPhone 4S !
Message 1 of 134
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Same problem here. Spoke to an O2 guru today. He says it must be a phone issue and he had never heard about this problem. He suggested doing a factory restore whilst connected to a computer. After that it will be a new phone situation.

Josh

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 134
133 REPLIES 133

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

One of our regulars on the forum is now on his sixth iPhone 5, so it could be faulty.

We are seeing quite a few posts about people moving to O2 from Orange and the transfer doesn't complete properly from the Orange end.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Connect to iTunes to check your available updates to see if a carrier update is waiting to be downloaded.

Check your service status to see if their are any reported issues in your area.

http://status.o2.co.uk

Try

Hold the top button and home button together until the apple logo appears and let go.

Also

Settings. , general , reset. , reset network settings.

Sometimes turning on and off airplane mode returns 3G
Message 3 of 134

Shish
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I've been having this issue too.

Like BoB says, I just switch airplane mode on and off and 3G comes back.

Never had the issue before, but started happening the same day I did a simswap to a 4G sim.

I don't think it's anything to do with the phone, I'm guessing its just a glitch in the O2 3G.

I've been using O2 3G for years without a problem until this one, so I trust they'll sort it out...

Message 4 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Same problem here. Spoke to an O2 guru today. He says it must be a phone issue and he had never heard about this problem. He suggested doing a factory restore whilst connected to a computer. After that it will be a new phone situation.

Josh
Message 5 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I did a factory restore on itunes too as well as keep using airplane mode on and off , my second phone is not as bad but does keep going in between E , GPRS , 3G ! When at home I just use wifi anyway !!!!
Message 6 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue. I have tried both the reset network settings and using airplane mode but neither seem to be working... 

Message 7 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having the same issues with keep going on GPRS from 4G on my 5s. Never ever saw GPRS on my old 4s.
Come on O2 you need to sort this. Have you ever tried speaking to your customer service. Nobody actually knows anything. Your passed from pillar to post and in the end because you've been on hold waiting for another department you just give up the will to live and hang up. It's funny how nobody's has ever heard of this before, try google O2. People are having this problem. I am a new customer and quite frankly how I have been treated its a disgrace. Don't get me on the price hike either. Speak to your customers, ring them back when their connection drops. If you need a pointer into customer service and relations ask me. You need to help before you have nobody to help. Your 4G coverage maps show excellent coverage indoors and outdoors where ever I put a postcode in but I still see GPRS.
Message 8 of 134

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144952 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions
Does Google report this happening on other networks or just O2?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
Book your iPhone in with an apple Genius Bar to have a diagnostic run on it.

It may not be the network that's the issue.

http://concierge.apple.com/reservation/gb/en/techsupport/
Message 10 of 134