cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5c

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got this Iphone.  Very confused with it.  Supposedly backed up my contacts and was told that they would be coming through to my phone but they have not.  Also, i have my email but what about normal text messages.  Do I still have them on this new phone?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you back them up to iTunes or Gmail before you changed your phone? You will get them on your new phone if you have them backed up on your pc then you just sync the iPhone with iTunes then restore the last backup then once that's done your text messages should appear
Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144860 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
What phone did you come from?
If you backed up to Google you need to add your Google account to the iPhone and go into settings >email and contacts and allow the phone to sync with your Google account.
Normal text messages will come through OK from other non iPhones but you will also get iMessages from other iPhone users in the same messaging app.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

You may find this useful to understand syncing and Back Ups. 

Syncing -> Apple

Back Ups -> Apple

Tips -> Move Content.

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous do let us know how you got on & if you require anymore help
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics