cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Called the uk from menorca

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. I'm currently in Menorca on holiday and I'm trying to call the UK. Each time I try, I hear a message that says "This option is not available. Please contact our customer care services". I have O2 travel set up. Any idea what I need to do to resolve this?
Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

I would suggest you do contact customer services as it sounds like it needs looking at to use your phone abroad.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Live chat may be able to help as said.

If all else fails and your phone is unlocked to all Networks you could use a Local Sim Card in the interim.

Hope this resolves for you.

Take care.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and welcome to the community

Are you using the correct prefix I.e. 0044 then dropping the first 0 of the number you are calling then the rest of the number,

Or if using your phone book then +44 then dropping the first 0 followed by the number (although it isn't always necessary to drop the 0 when calling from your phone book)?
Message 2 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. Thanks for the response. Yes I've tried. Unfortunately with the same outcome.
Message 3 of 23

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
Message 4 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok You mentioned that o2 Travel is provisioned so that should be fine.

Are there any other restrictions on your account? Is payment up to date? Can you use wifi to connect to Live Chat to check your account is ok?
Message 5 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have tried other networks I.e. Orange. The automatic carrier is Movistar which if memory serves is a Telefonica subsidiary. 3G works on both networks (I am using it at the moment for internet access) my payments are up to date and I don't have any restrictions as far as I am aware.
Message 6 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

I would suggest you do contact customer services as it sounds like it needs looking at to use your phone abroad.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Live chat may be able to help as said.

If all else fails and your phone is unlocked to all Networks you could use a Local Sim Card in the interim.

Hope this resolves for you.

Take care.
Message 7 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok will do. Thanks to everyone for your help. I'll let you know how I get on.
Message 8 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I appreciate theirs nothing more frustrating when something that should work does not. 😞

Fantastic advice from the members here which has I'm sure armed you with knowledge to help resolve this.

Looking forward to a good outcome. slight_smile
Message 9 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122943 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi

You are right... Movistar is the main network in Spain and in my opinion the best one.

A couple of things to think about..

Sometimes O2 ask for a call before you leave the UK IF this is the first time abroad with the phone you are using ( I know this as I was advised to do it with my then new S3).

Also I find when phoning someone, you generally need to use contacts from your stored contact list

My calls frequently fail in Spain if I try to manually type in the phone number..

As said you do need to ring Customer services on the numbers given previously

Good luck:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 23