cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Because iPhone size matters

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wondering how many of us are regretting the choice of iPhone you have purchased.

I got my 6 plus today and still in shock about the size! Will it take some getting used to or should I just swap it for the 6.... DECISIONS!

Shocked

Message 1 of 64
63 REPLIES 63

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes. It just needed time. I know that if I went back to a 6 then I would ultimately regret it in the long run.

This phone really is amazing - I can't stop using it. So engaging.
Message 51 of 64

Anonymous
Not applicable
I do agree, the screen is amazing but just for the size of my hands I really couldn't keep mine, I envy the people with decent sized hands because it is such a lovely phone, I will love my 6 even more when I eventually get it though grin
Message 52 of 64

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well thankfully I have giant man hands so not so np big a deal. I actually got the 6 and the 6 plus and have to say the 6 is a absolutely perfect size.
However I'm not returning my plus and changing for an6 because the camera is quite a bit better, the display is better, and I think I'll regret what will seem like a downgrade.

My other half loves the 6. She will be keeping that one.
Message 53 of 64

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's my thoughts and opinion on the iPhone 6 Plus.

I couldn’t decide between the 6 or 6 Plus when I was placing my pre order with Apple, so I pre ordered them both with a view of sending one back.

After having a play around with them both with the things I use my iPhone for, I found the 6 Plus was better for me.

I opened the 6 first of all and my first impression was that I was a bit underwhelmed with the size of the screen. Moving from the 5s, it was only a tad more than half inch larger screen, and I was wanting a larger screen that I would notice, but feared the 6 Plus might have been not right for me, hence pre ordering both models. Using the iPhone 6 felt like using another iPhone. Using the iPhone 6 Plus felt like I'd moved to a different smartphone slight_smile

I then opened the 6 Plus and my first impression was, its big. But after playing around with it for 10 minutes I didn’t find an issue with the size.

Playing games, using Safari, typing, I found the 6 Plus was better for me. Comparing the keyboard/keys size, side by side on the 5s, 6, 6 Plus. I found very little difference in the size of the keys between the 5s and the 6, whereas with the 6 Plus the keys were noticeable larger. And as I type a lot on my iPhone, the larger keys, keyboard are important for me. Also playing a landscape game such as Asphalt was a better experience on the 6 Plus, the game was superb on the larger screen. I'm amazed at how far we've come with technology, been able to have that level of graphic quality, and definition on a device as thin as the iPhone 6 Plus is amazing.

One surprise, I was thinking that the 6 Plus might be awkward/uncomfortable to hold. But I find the opposite, I think the way Apple have designed them, with them been thin and rounded edges, this makes the iPhone easy/comfortable to hold. Also I find the large size of the 6 Plus makes me feel safer holding the iPhone over the smaller iPhones I owned previously, the larger size gives me more to grip/hold on to and I feel a lot less likely to drop it (if that makes sense). I have used my 6 Plus a few times for 10 minute plus phone calls and I didnt feel uncomfortable holding it in that position while on a call.

Obviously the 6 Plus is not going to be a smartphone that can be used one handed, but I never used my previous iPhone’s one handed due to having small-ish hands, so I’m not bothered about this. Also, the 6 Plus fits in my jeans pocket quite comfortable, and you dont really notice it due to it been thin. If you have the super small pockets on some skinny jeans, then it might stick out of the top, but to be fair, pretty much any high end smartphone would due to their size.

I must admit, I used to think “5 inch + smartphones, whats the point in them” but after using one for a few days I wouldn’t want to move back to a smaller one again, but I hasten to add that I think 5.5 inch is as big as smartphones should get, but that's my opinion.

I’m pleased I did what I did pre ordering the 6 and 6 Plus, it helped me make my choice a lot easier.

Message 54 of 64

Anonymous
Not applicable

i think the iphone 6 plus is nice and can see things better with it

Message 55 of 64

Anonymous
Not applicable
Totally agree k1300

With my old peeps the 6 plus sure is gonna help. slight_smile
Message 56 of 64

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Something that affects us all at some stage in life and it's good to have the choice of bigger screens. Not for everyone but a definite advantage for me.

Message 57 of 64

Anonymous
Not applicable

Love hate relationship with the big screen right now, but liking it mostly! Fits into my chino pockets OK. I just need to wiggle it into the phone pocket of my jacket

Only thing that is really evident, is Apple really hasn't optimised the OS for this phone. I'd expect a 5th column of icons, maybe even 5 icons in the dock. Certain stock apps look really bare and could have a lot more features applied, such as Phone app.

But overall its all good. Just adjusting to this new size!

Message 58 of 64

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Only thing that is really evident, is Apple really hasn't optimised the OS for this phone. I'd expect a 5th column of icons, maybe even 5 icons in the dock. Certain stock apps look really bare and could have a lot more features applied, such as Phone app.

Noticed some of the apps have yet to be optimised for the 6, 6 Plus. It will be like when the iPhone 5 came out where by it took a little bit of time to update the apps for the extra screen size/resolution. In the next few weeks I can see a lot of app updates coming.

Message 59 of 64

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I rang up o2 on Thursday to get the return ready, took the box to work, printed and signed the forms to get the 6+ replaced...

Then I waited. Now it's Sunday and I ADORE this phone! I love it! Some/most apps I use still aren't updated for the full 6+ screen e.g. Skype, Whatsapp, Facebook and to be honest it is frankly embrassing these companies and Apple have not pushed these flagship phones to be updated quicker. But I can imaging over the next few weeks they will be

So I do love the 6+ now, definately takes sometime to get used to things, but its grat after the burnin time. I have an official Apple lEather case (black), no screen protector until Speigen release theirs in October, and Applecare+, just in case slight_smile 

Message 60 of 64