cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad service

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am extremely disappointed with O2 so-called "service". If I worked within this company I would be very embarrassed to find out that I have an iPhone with O2 which only gets a few bars of signal and no 3G in my house, while I have an iPad in the same room which receives 5 bars of signal and 3G but no with yourselves but EE. That's a complete joke. You really need to expand your service but you are not in the running compared to your competitors.
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
We all want 4g now. We all want 3g h+ now. And we all want it for free.

The reality is that ALL networks are struggling with the data explosion that this country and indeed the world is facing. And that is why networks between them are spending some £5 million every single day between them to improve things.

But it will take time. In the meantime if the OP can get a better signal elsewhere then they have choices to make.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144393 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
It all depends on your location. I have exactly the opposite to you where I live, no one network can cover the entire country 100%.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

All networks suffer poor service areas.

Common advice is to try a PAYG SIM before committing to a contract.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 3 of 10

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
And to add to the above only one network has to provide as part of the 4g auction 98% indoor data coverage to a min of 2mb speed by end 2017 and that is o2. so they will be doing more than any other network to improve the situation as they can be peanlised if they do not comply.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

All of which are true but probably of little consolation to the OP.:smileywink: I'm sure they wish they had done more research before taking out a contract. If on P&G problem solved...

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
You do get a cooling off period, is this something that has recently happened or has it always been like that?
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

All of which are true but probably of little consolation to the OP.:smileywink: I'm sure they wish they had done more research before taking out a contract. If on P&G problem solved...

Very true @jonsie 

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
We all want 4g now. We all want 3g h+ now. And we all want it for free.

The reality is that ALL networks are struggling with the data explosion that this country and indeed the world is facing. And that is why networks between them are spending some £5 million every single day between them to improve things.

But it will take time. In the meantime if the OP can get a better signal elsewhere then they have choices to make.
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
All networks suffer weak signal in some parts of the country no one network will cover all although by now I would have thought they would of done
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
It all comes down to business cases. Unless there is money to be made the networks won't pay out the high costs of transmission equipment.
Message 10 of 10