cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"not registered to network", fixes for a time when I reset the phone.

hedwyn
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've recently been having an issue where my phone occasionally stops connecting to the O2 network, but doesn't seem to show me that's the case at all. I get no messages or symbols in the menu to say this is the case, so I have no idea it's happened until I try phone somebody, at which point I get a message saying "not registered to a network."

This means I've had my phone stuck in this state for a few days without noticing each time, and missed a few pretty important calls.

If I restart the phone, it starts workign again, and I will get a flood of text messages and missed call alerts, and am able to make phonecalls again. But it evenutally seems to go back to this state again and I again have no way to know until I try phone somebody again, which I don't naturally do very often.

I've just checked the network status for my area and got this result:

"Sorry, we're carrying out some upgrade work in this area.

We’re carrying out some upgrade work to launch 5G in this area. While we do this, you might have some trouble with your calls, texts and data but we're working as fast as we can to get things sorted."

Could this be the cause? Or is it more likely to be that my phone is no longer accepting my sim card properly?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144662 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions

@hedwyn 

Take the sim out and give it a wipe with a dry cloth to be sure but most likely due to the network maintenance.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10229 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3014 Solutions

@hedwyn 

It could be a mixture of both. 

I would start by popping into an o2 store with Photo ID and picking up a replacement sim card, as that is the easiest thing to change and test. 
I wouldn't call up to get one as o2 will cut you off until you get the new sim (its daft we know!! )

I would also register with the myNetwork app for updates as well on the local network issues...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 4

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5943 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 22 Solutions