cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mm-qcamera-daemon Galaxy S5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone else experiencing problems with m-qcamera-daemon causing excessive battery drain? I'm currently on my FOURTH S5 handset (various software and hardware issues) and am considering dropping the S5 altogether as I am fed up with new handsets and factory resets.

Samsung were completely useless and O2 not much better. Either have yet another S5 handset or go to a Samsung shop 20 miles away from my nearest O2 store and get them to fix it (no doubt at a price). One of the semi-useless comments in store was something mumbled about an update to the S5 due this week which might fix the problem. I'm currently on 5.0 and can't see anything about an update to 5.0.1 for the S5 coming to the UK anytime soon. Anyone have any ideas on this one?

The Xperia Z3 is really tempting me right now...

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144772 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
Yeah you are due the update. You should get it anytime now and it fixes quite a few issues.
Make sure you do a factory reset though afterwards.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144772 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
There is a maintenance update for the S5 that o2 have rolled out this week.
What is your csc?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

G900FO2U1BOA1

Any ideas what this update is supposed to be solving/repairing? This battery drain issue is a bit of a disaster!

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144772 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
Yeah you are due the update. You should get it anytime now and it fixes quite a few issues.
Make sure you do a factory reset though afterwards.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

ugh! really?? why is that? (pardon my ignorance, not great with software etc)

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144772 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
It's possible that some of the new files may conflict with the old ones. A factory reset will delete and old files that are not needed and hence avoid any conflicts.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6