cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

htc one

Anonymous
Not applicable

I updated my htc one today (20.6.14) and during the download of the update the device turned off and now will not turn back on or charge so i cant use the phone. i have tried to troubleshoot the device by holding the power button the volume up butten but it didnt work any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144563 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27723 Solutions
HTC contact number http://www.htc.com/uk/contact/phone/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144563 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27723 Solutions
Try holding power and volume down together for about 20 secs, but if it is completely dead it will have to go in for repairs.
Your choice of either O2 or HTC but I'd recommend sending to HTC everytime.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 144563 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27723 Solutions
HTC contact number http://www.htc.com/uk/contact/phone/

Currently using:
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

i will go to the o2 shop tomorrow and see what they say and will let you know hoe i get on thank you for the help

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello @Anonymous and Welcome to the Forum

Sorry to read about your current issue.

If you've had your phone less than 14 days then request a new replacement.

Possibly one of the O2 Guru's in the shop may be able to resolve this in-store , but if they cannot then they will offer a repair and possibly a loan phone (a deposit may be payable but is refundable) if your on a pay monthly contract and they have a loan phine in stock. It won't be a smartphone but at least you'll still be able to use your services, or indeed if you want contact the manufacturer if you already have a back up phone.

Let us know how you get on please.

slight_smile
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

just got back from the o2 shop exspained the problem too them and the assistant tried to troubleshoot the phone but quickly realised it wasnt going to work so has now sent the phone off to be repaired he also add that they may just send me a new handset.

Thanks for all the advise and help

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the update.

Shame they couldn't get it going for you.

Hope all Goes ok with the repair or replacement.
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144563 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27723 Solutions
I had a feeling it was dead unfortunately....
Hopefully Anovo will sort you out !!

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8