cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy s6 edge (g925f) 5.1.1 update

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have recieved 5.1.1 update on 02/07. I sont see anyone else getting this yet and also this firmware is not showing on sammobile? Has anyone got this update yet and if so any issues? Initially i had a problem with sound cutting out intermittently when earphones were plugged in, tried various earphones and still the same until i did a recovery cach wipe and now all is ok. No other bugs noticed yet.
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Been waiting to hear this, 5.0.2 is doing my  head in Destroy

For 2 days?

I hope you realise 511 is nothing drastically different.

Message 21 of 36

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144506 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions

@viridis wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Been waiting to hear this, 5.0.2 is doing my  head in Destroy

For 2 days?

I hope you realise 511 is nothing drastically different.

As it is totally different from iOS it will take some time to get used to.

You have to do a bit of thinking for yourself with Android as it's not all done for you like Apple. Most people enjoy the freedom of choice and customisation available.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 36

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I'd be interested to know how and why 5.0.2 is doing your head in if you had no experience of it previously? 

Message 23 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

I'd be interested to know how and why 5.0.2 is doing your head in if you had no experience of it previously? 

Because its full of lag, and not only did I notice it Samsung this morning on the phone confirmed they have had a lot of customer feedback on it also.

Message 24 of 36

MI5
  • 144506 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions
It's fine on my Note 4 and Z1
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 25 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
It's fine on my Note 4 and Z1

Maybe so, but theres clearly a problem on S6's.... its on a lot of forums etc

Message 26 of 36

MI5
  • 144506 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions
No experience of that phone, but my point was that "lag" isn't a feature of lollipop so I'm sure Sammy will sort out whatever it is that is causing it.

Currently using:
Message 27 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Android does give more freedom. I know you can now get apps that turn itunes into mp3/4 format, etc but who needs all that hassle. You buy iphone you then have to buy macbook, etc. With android you can get almost any generic device. As for lag, never noticed it on my galaxy s5.
Message 28 of 36

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Sorry, no lag at all on my s6 edge.

Not a flicker of a problem.

What exactly is "lagging"?

Message 29 of 36

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I can't for the life of me see why the S6 should be any different from any of the current Samsung range in regards to lollipop. Sure, some people may have problems be it an S6 or Note or A3, A7 or tablet. Are you sure the lag isn't related to setting it up? Give it a chance to settle down.

Message 30 of 36