cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy note 1 upgraded to 4.1.2 - now cant connect to o2 and screen lock missing

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am at a loss as what to do now.

I have upgraded to 4.1.2. yesterday and it worked fine for a few hours.

Then the screen lock disappeared.  it wont work at all.

The screen just goes blank and then when pressing the power button comes straight back.

Then it has got worse, it wont connect to o2 network now.

so no calls or txts, only mobiel internt.

I have tried a factory reset, and searched the web/here and I am stuck.

The guru, did'nt help and suggested that I need to take it to an "o2" shop, to have the phone checked and then downgraded to the previous firmware.

I am not sure that the "o2" shop will be able to downgrade, and to top that I cant get to a shop until next Saturday, so if anyone has any other ideas i can try please let me know?

Thanks

R

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi MI5

thanks for all the help.

O2 are replacing the phone now for me.

R

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144772 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
I've had this before when an upgrade went bad. The shop will not do it for you - they will just send it off, but you can do it yourself with Odin. Let me know if you need links and instructions.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes please I will give it ago, if it doe snot affect the warranty?
Message 3 of 16

MI5
  • 144772 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
Warranty will be fine.
Download Odin from here (make a directory on your PC called "Odin") http://www.android.gs/download-odin-3-07/
Find your data cable that you got with the phone.
Then dial *#1234# and tell me what the response is pls.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi MI5,

Thanks for the help

it is

PDA: N7000XXLSZ

PHONE : N7000XXLSO

CSC : N7000OXXLS4

BUILD INFO  : THUR FEB 14 01:51:54 KST 2013

Message 5 of 16

MI5
  • 144772 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
Go here http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/ and create an account (it is free). Sign in then type N7000OXXLS4 into the search box near the top right of the page. The third file on the list is the one you want to download. Put it into the Odin folder you created earlier.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK thanks for this,

Any special instructions to follow or a link to where they are or is ur straigh forward slight_smile

I have the files now

R

Message 7 of 16

MI5
  • 144772 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions

OK, now you need to go to your downloaded (Odin) folder and unzip the firmware file once only. This will give you a .md5 file.

Next run the Odin programme so it is open on your PC.

Turn off your phone and remove battery for 5 secs, the reconnect battery and hold vol down + Home + power untill you see the download screen. Press vol up to continue so phone says "Download mode".

Next connect phone to PC with data cable. The COM box at the top left of Odin should turn blue when phone is connected (may take a while for drivers to load but just leave it to run).

Then click the PDA box and choose the .md5 file you unzipped. 

Wait again for Odin to verify the download (The box at the left side of Odin will show progress and say ready. 

After you see "ready" press "start" and leave it alone until it finishes.

The box top left will say "PASS" when it's finished.

Wait for phone to reboot then turn off.

Do a factory reset (vol up + Home + power) then reboot phone as normal and set it back up.

If you backed up to Kies beforehand you can restore your back up once phone reboots.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for trying.

I have followed all the instructions and they all worked.

However the phone still will not register on the network and the lock screen is still not working.

I think this means i will need to take it back to O2 if you have nothing else to check with for it Smiley Embarassed

This only happend after the update so I am sorry I think i have to blame o2 as all worked previously

R

Message 9 of 16

MI5
  • 144772 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
It sounds like something has failed on the phone unfortunately, however, as you are not on O2 firmware I don't think you can blame O2 wink

Contact Samsung and get your phone returned for a warranty repair. You could take it to O2 but I would advise you that you may get a better service directly with Samsung.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 16