cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock a Sony Tipio st21i

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a legitimate Irish (O2) network Sony Tipio st21i. It was bought of a neighbour by my from my brother as a Xmas present. The neighbour has since transfered the phone details address etc. into my name. I want to get it unlocked to use in the UK as I am resident here. I have called 02 Ireland and they refuse to unlock it as I am supposed to spend €150 in it first which I never will because no one has the number as it is a new phone I am with vodafone over there on a PAYG phone and only use the phone when at home. I have by now spent well over a 150 or the equavlent in sterling in my uk phone. Why can I not get it unlocked here by you guys for free? Every one else tells me I need to get it done in a high street store... I feel forced into going to a going to a dodgy phone shop to get this undone. This sort of thing only enforces criminality.  Online it cannot be unlocked as it is [0] network 3 ....I have been qoute £40 quid to get it unlocked on the high street the phone is only worth £80 new and I believe it's recycle value is only £15. I am really at my wits end about this and think it is unfair as I am a customer having move to 02 in Sept from 3Uk do I need to go back to 3UK or some other company to be able to use a phone I legitamly own?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
If its locked by O2ie they are the only ones who can provide a legitimate unlock code. O2uk and O2ie are as different as Vodafone and Three, eg they are different companies and do not hold details for other companies phones. Market stalls usually charge about £10 to unlock which is your best choice or sell it and buy an unlocked phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
If its locked by O2ie they are the only ones who can provide a legitimate unlock code. O2uk and O2ie are as different as Vodafone and Three, eg they are different companies and do not hold details for other companies phones. Market stalls usually charge about £10 to unlock which is your best choice or sell it and buy an unlocked phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you make more sense now but still getting screwed by market stalls asking me for £40 perhaps they see my ignorance coming!
Message 3 of 3