cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flaw in android ....

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi community!

There is a masive security flaw in most android devises which anyone with a bit savy could if found/stole my phone could keep it...

My question: is there any way (without rooting my device) to pin/password protect or stop my device from been able to be factory reset?
Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
I think the OP has used a rubbish app from CPW and thinks they are all badly written.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 122959 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

As you all know I am a bit of a technophobe and I find all this a bit worrying. I would like to have proof one way or another. What should I be doing if there is this flaw? :smileysad:..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 39

jonsie
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

I don't believe anyone has need to worry. The only security flaws were exposed by apps downloaded from spurious sources. There is generally no problem if you stick to Google Play.

Message 23 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 122959 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I don't believe anyone has need to worry. The only security flaws were exposed by apps downloaded from spurious sources. There is generally no problem if you stick to Google Play.

I knew about those flaws @jonsie  but it continues to be worrying when a post like this appears... Astounded

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 39

MI5
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
As we have no proof or even explanation this can only be considered as gibberish, I'm afraid.
If there was anything you needed to worry about I'm sure I would know about it.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 122959 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
As we have no proof or even explanation this can only be considered as gibberish, I'm afraid.
If there was anything you needed to worry about I'm sure I would know about it.....

And that is probably the one reason I will stop worrying...unless @Anonymous comes back with a link to prove those claims...Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hence too why I referred this thread to @MI5 & @jonsie earlier on. If anyone was going to know,they would.
Message 27 of 39

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Hmmm, I'm putting this down to the op talking out of an orifice that isn't their mouth...!?! If by some remote chance they come back with an explanation, and proof then I'll maybe worry. Until then.... It's gravy. tongue

C xx
Message 28 of 39

jonsie
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
Message 29 of 39

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics