cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia Z3 won't connect to the o2 network

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

For the last week and half my singal has been a bit spotty, but now it's totally gone, I can see the o2 network both 2 and 3g in the network list, but my phone will not connect.

I spoke to live chat who suggested it was a sim card problem and they promptly sent me a new one, however to switch to this sim I have to recieve a text it seems when I went to the swapmysim site, I've got no connection so cannot do this?

Feel pretty stuck, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144495 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27688 Solutions
Yes, it shouldn't take too long (but can take up to 24 hours).
Just turn phone off and on every half hour or so to help it along.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144495 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27688 Solutions
Use a landline to call the number on this link or borrow another o2 phone to call cs.
You can also try live chat off the link too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I assume you have tried rebooting the handset? And maybe a factory data reset just to refresh everything?

Personally I wouldn't use Live Chat. They seem to cause more issues than it is worth.
Message 3 of 9

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, tried cleaning, rebooting, factory reset. Just on with live chat now trying to activate the new one.

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144495 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27688 Solutions
They should be able to manage that for you.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, the person said they'd sent off the request, guess I just have to wait now til it's active before it will let me connect to the o2 network?

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144495 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27688 Solutions
Yes, it shouldn't take too long (but can take up to 24 hours).
Just turn phone off and on every half hour or so to help it along.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know they "should" be able to Rich but I don't trust live chat to get anything right now.
Message 9 of 9