Did you mean: 

Unlatching phone proving to be a nightmare

Skilli
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi folks,

I'm having trouble unlatching my LG G7 from the O2 network, I've now filled out the online form twice and both times have been sent an automatic email with instructions on how to unlatch the phone, the issue is that the instructions don't work and phone calls to customer services haven't helped.

The instructions listed were the same both times and were:

1.Turn on the mobile handset Enter PIN code if required .

2.From the home screen press the ?Call? button or enter the dialing menu
and then enter the following text: 2945#*710# an unlock menu will
automatically appear.

3.Select ?Service Provider Lock?

4.Enter the unlock code SIM_Unlock* and press ?Ok? the handset will be
reset automatically.

5.Switch off the handset insert the SIM card for the new network and
then switch the handset back on.
the phone is unlocked and ready for use.

So steps 1 and 2 are no problem, however, when I select 'Service Provider Lock' from the list of options given it says there isn't a lock set and the only option on the list with a lock set on it is 'Network Lock'. The issue is that this one calls for a 10 digit numerical code and there isn't one to be found on the emails.

Any help you can provide would be much appreciated, I thought this was going to be a really simple process but it's proving to be anything but.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123376 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

All the info we have is here @Skilli 

Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

I will mention our community managers @Marjo  and @Martin-O2  to see if they can help. They wont be on until tomorrow though.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 145089 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Skilli 

Have you tried inserting a non O2 SIM first then turn phone on.

If locked, it will ask for the unlock code before the phone completely boots up.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 8

Skilli
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for the quick replies.

@Cleoriff I worked my way through the guide as well as trawling through community questions but couldn't find anything that would work.

@MI5 I have tried inserting a non O2 sim, it didn't ask for an unlock code on boot up but says 'network locked' where the network name would usually be listed.
Message 4 of 8

Skilli
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi @Marjo & @Martin-O2, I was just wondering whether you have any ideas on how to fix this. When I phoned customer services I was told to keep checking my emails as the code might come through separately, however, it's been over 2 weeks now and there's been nothing.
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 145089 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Skilli @Martin-O2 

This "network lock" is something different to the normal locking process (I think).

There is another customer with a thread on here with the same problem on  Sony phone.

The phone isn't locked but it is not allowing a network connection due to this unknown "Network Lock".

Can you get some feedback from our Guru on this please?

I'll try and find the other thread and link to it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 145089 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
This thread https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android/Seemingly-impssible-to-unlock-Sony-Xperia-XA/td-p/1346294/high...

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 7 of 8

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Skilli , sorry you've waited on this for so long. 😞 Sounds like there's a case already raised for this but I'm happy to check if we can get an update for you and some more information on what the issue could be. I'll need some additional information so will drop you a private message here on the forum shortly.

Thanks @MI5 for the link to the other thread as well! I haven't heard of this type of issue myself before so will see if I can find out more. thumbsup 

Message 8 of 8