cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S5 doesn't recieve all sent text messages

Anonymous
Not applicable
My partner has a Samsung S5 and I have an IPhone 6 both on the O2 network. As of the last couple of weeks he is not receiving all the texts I sent, however no one else is experiencing the same problems when I text them. His Samsung S5 will also randomly sent the same text message twice, however his phone says it was only sent the once. Any ideas?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123017 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Does your partners S5 randomly send the same duplicate text to just you , or other people?. I ask this to try and work out whether its an issue with your iPhone or his Samsung.

Also have either of you had any updates or any changes to either phone recently?

Probably the best people to answer this are @MI5 or @jonsie. They both have used Samsung devices and their partners have iPhones. I have tagged them and they will respond when they are next on....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It sounds like he has accidentally blocked your number, ask him to open messages and go into the settings. I'm fairly sure your number will be in the blocked section.

As for duplicate texts being sent, normally a new sim card will fix the problem. Pop into your local O2 store and they will change it free for him.

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144495 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
Yes, usually a blocked number issue.
Make sure you check both blocked lists, one in phone app and the spam list in messaging app.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having the same problem here. I am using a Note 4.

People are sending me texts and I am not receiving them all also, the numbers definately arent blocked as I'm receiving some texts but not all. 

Please o2 look in to this issue rather than distancing from it.

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144495 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
See my reply to your other post mate.
No need to post more than once.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous @Anonymous Have either of you managed to solve the missing texts issue? Was it due to a number being blocked in the end? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 7