cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone blocked issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
a bit complex. I had a Samsung S5 with O2 pay monthly but the phone and SIM were with one of my colleagues. When the colleague left the company she told me, sorry the S5 was broken and she can't return it to me! Then I went to O2 to deactivate the SIM and got a new SIM for myself. Then what happened was amazing. She wrote to me later that her personal phone which was Samsung S4 was blocked, due to the SIM was blocked when she was using her S4 with the SIM card! And told me that O2 has confirmed to her that "when a sim is blocked the last phone which the SIM card had been used in also blocks the phone"! Is it true??? Many thanks!
Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123404 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

I suspect the OP may never see this S5 returned. It sounds as if it has been sold on...or reported lost/stolen. Also for this colleague to email the OP and say HE has blocked her new phone...what a joke, Smiley Mad

The S5 belonged to him. He did the right thing. Let her sort herself out is my advice...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 17 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Cleoriff
  • 123404 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

If the S5 was yours and your colleague lost/broke/didn't return it to you...then you have every right to block the sim/phone as you are the one paying for it. Obviously your colleague used the sim from the S5 and put it into her S4. ....the sim was then blocked making her phone useless. She needs to sort out her own sim for her own phone. You have acted correctly

Edited to add...O2 have obviously blocked both the sim and the handset I would imagine?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 19

MI5
  • 145113 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
No it's not true at all.
Blocking or sim swapping does not effect the phone and would have to have been specifically requested to be done separately.
If O2 have blocked the phone, it is done in error and they should reverse the block.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 123404 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
No it's not true at all.
Blocking or sim swapping does not effect the phone and would have to have been specifically requested to be done separately.
If O2 have blocked the phone, it is done in error and they should reverse the block.

@MI5. I wonder if the phone is actually blocked at all. The OPs colleague may think it is due to the sim being blocked...but maybe if they try a new sim in it may work?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 19

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Probably peeved that the sim has been blocked so trying to swindle another phone to put on eBay.
Message 5 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 123404 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Probably peeved that the sim has been blocked so trying to swindle another phone to put on eBay.

I honestly have no idea why this is any of the OP's problem. This colleague pulled a fast one with the S5...and when the op blocked the sim (his phone, his responsibility) the colleague ended up with egg on their face by using the sim from the phone she claimed was lost.. Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 19

MI5
  • 145113 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
Yeah, I agree. Not someone I would trust or believe a word of what they had to say, tbh......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 7 of 19

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
In the op they said the phone s5 was broken, not lost!

If the s4 has been blocked in error then o2 will reverse it. But as mentioned the phone might not be blocked at all, just the sim.

Message 8 of 19

MI5
  • 145113 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
The sim is defo dead as O2 did a sim swap.
Even if the phone was "only" broken, I still don't see why it couldn't be returned in a damaged state ?

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 9 of 19

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Bordering on theft. Tell the employee go whistle and to sort it out with O2. 

Message 10 of 19