cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOTE 4 Lollipop?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi o2

Many of us users have been waiting for the new android update, do you have a time frame?

I have read it has begun rolling out in germany but still nothing here.

thanks

Neil

Message 1 of 41
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It will come soon enough, the rollout will take a short while but is coming soon
the best advice I can give is to keep checking kies via hardware of the Cable as it should appear on there slightly quicker than over the air
Message 2 of 41

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144506 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions

@Chris_K ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had read recently that the Note 3 is currently rolling out in Germany (not the Note 4) and that the 3 is due to receive Lollipop by end Feb here.

I read that the 4 was not due for Lollipop until late March and that would be good unbranded versions with o2 taking a couple of three weeks to test.
Message 4 of 41

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144506 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions
According to Samsung the Note 4 will go straight to 5.01 too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sammobile reports that the push of the new os has been split between the variants of the note 4 and that the snapdragon note 4 has been and still is currently being deployed across networks in germany and poland, the version number will be either 5.01 or 5.02 as samsung delayed the update due to the VR headset and to tweak the kernel and optimize touchwiz further. As of today the current os for note 4 in germany is 5.0 via kies.
Message 6 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

Incorrect, the german update is 5.0.1, not 5.0.

I know because I flashed it on my unlocked o2 Note 4

Message 8 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, Verizon are now getting it in the US. Released today. O2 always lagging behind.
Message 9 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's because it is a different build in the US. The Note 3 rollout is underway across Europe and we are expecting this to the UK shortly.

The Note 4 is expected to commence rollout out later in March in Europe and UK.
Message 10 of 41