cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS stopped sending

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I've had a paymonthly sony xperia on O2 for about 6 months now, everything working fine up until yesterday evening when for some reason all text messages began to fail sending, as far as i'm aware there have been no new updates or apps and i haven't changed any settings to the best of my knowledge.

Ive tried turning the phone off and on several times to no avail, i've also tried downloading settings for internet and MMS without success and restarting the phone settings didn't work either...

Please help!

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Check for any local mast issues here http://status.o2.co.uk/

Remove and replace SIM card

Call CS (202)
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Text messages or MMS messages, or both ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Botg
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Both*
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Check for any local mast issues here http://status.o2.co.uk/

Remove and replace SIM card

Call CS (202)

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

The phone has begun sending again so i guess it may have been a mast issue? Even so, i could still make calls and connect to the internet while it was going on...

Ah well, im just glad it started up again,

Thanks again for the help

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Good news slight_smile Quite possibly it was an issue just effecting data.....

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

My xperia does not like receiving mms messages. Its always had this problem and I would get a message saying 'message not downloaded' but I would go to settings and download settings for internet and mms and the message would eventually come through.

However, recently its stopped receiving mms completely even if I try to download the settings again. It has never had any problems sending out mms or connecting to the internet via wifi or 3g.

Any ideas?

Message 8 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I'm not sure about the Xperia but on the older Sony phones you could fill them up with settings and they wouldn't dwnload them any more, so if that's happened with yours you might need to clear some out.

Also there is no need to keep doing this, if you have the correct settings getting them again won't help.

Check that data hasn't been turned off by mistake on your phone and you could ask O2 if they will re-provision MMS on your account.

As above check for mast issues in your postcode area:

http://status.o2.co.uk/

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 9