Did you mean: 

Lollipop on HTC One M7

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hiya, M7 users!

So, good news - Lollipop is coming and it's heading your way soon! We're hopeful to have the latest update approved and sent back to HTC over the next few days and if everything goes smoothly, we hope you'll start seeing the OTA update roll out towards the end of next week.

I'll give everyone a heads up when it starts pushing out but if it happens to go out early, please do let us know how you get on and what changes or improvements you've noticed since going from KitKat to Lollipop.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Good news for the HTC customers. I look forward to their thoughts and first impressions when they start using it.

Message 2 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Chris.  I posted a week or so ago that I had the notification for lollipop on my M8 but didnt want to download it.  Well.. now I have and all my fears were unfounded I am glad to say.  Thank goodness everything works really well.  So for anyone else with an M8 phone who like me had read about problems with lollipop, I can say with confidence no such problems have occurred.  Can only thank HTC and 02 I guess for ensuring that the OS would work well with the phone.  What a relief!

Message 3 of 58

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey Chris.  I posted a week or so ago that I had the notification for lollipop on my M8 but didnt want to download it.  Well.. now I have and all my fears were unfounded I am glad to say.  Thank goodness everything works really well.  So for anyone else with an M8 phone who like me had read about problems with lollipop, I can say with confidence no such problems have occurred.  Can only thank HTC and 02 I guess for ensuring that the OS would work well with the phone.  What a relief!

Great to hear you're getting on well with the update on your M8, Kimbub 🙂 With our testing, we always do all we can to ensure that customers only get updates that work well and without any issues, and we'll always work with the software vendor to fix any bugs or issues we do find during testing.

Message 4 of 58

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Just an update that this has now been approved and we're hoping for a streamlined release from HTC for this week, hopefully as soon as Wednesday! 😉

Message 5 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got the update about an hour ago! Just finished optimising apps. Will let you know of any problems I have! Hopefully none Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

HTC One M7.

Lollipop installed last night. Took a while, & i thought it'd frozen on the first reboot / on bright HTC One screen. It hadnt though, it was just taking it's time. 

All good so far. Dolphin browser was initially a bit laggy, but I cleared it's cache and it seems fine now.

I'll let you know if there are any issues.

There is no "clear all apps" button on the background apps. On reading up, looks like it's something we shouldn't be doing anyway. Hard habit to break, but closing one app at a time is too much (unnecessary) hassle. 

Message 7 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has this update taken away the ability to hit the status bar in order to scroll quickly back to the top of whatever page we are on. For example, to quickly jump from the bottom of Blinkfeed to the top. Hitting the status bar will now only start to bring notifications down.

Message 8 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

Boothy, by background apps do you mean the recent apps that is opened by double tapping the home button? If so, when you open those up,then hit the three dots then choose settings, and change the view to old-style grid view, the kill all button is still there

Message 9 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pretty disappointing how many of the little useful features have been removed as part of this update. 

Message 10 of 58