cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time charge (galaxy s4)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I remember a few weeks ago there were various artices in the papers etc about charging and maintaining your battery life on smartphones, I should have paid more attension but didnt So now my  new S4 is currently on its way to me and i wanted to know...How long should i charge it for its initial charge (even if the screen is saying fully charged) do i continue to keep charging for a certain amout of time? Basically any advice/tips on caring for the battery is appreciated. Thanks

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23171 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

Once a phone's battery shows charged, it's charged. Leaving it on the charger will not do anything. It can only be 100% charged and no more. I've always let my battery run down to 10% or less the first few times to condition it, but I'm not certain whether you need to do that with new batteries these days. I'm sure it can't hurt though, so I still do it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23171 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

Once a phone's battery shows charged, it's charged. Leaving it on the charger will not do anything. It can only be 100% charged and no more. I've always let my battery run down to 10% or less the first few times to condition it, but I'm not certain whether you need to do that with new batteries these days. I'm sure it can't hurt though, so I still do it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you left it on charge it would usually convert to a trickle charge.

Normally it takes a few discharge and re charge cycles for your battery to become calibrated and reach its optimum output.

I get a days usage out of my phone.

I wouldn't get too wrapped up if I was you.

Message 3 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I tend to let the battery completely discharge once a month and had no problems at all so don't worry about it. Bear in mind that the best you are going to get out of a battery in the modern smart phone is 24 hours and I charge mine overnight.

Message 4 of 4