Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing O2 cookies in Chrome on Android

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36072 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Anyone know how to get into the settings on Chrome on android to selectively clear cookies?

Occasionally, O2's bill payment site throws an error that a clear-out of all O2 cookies can help overcome.

On the laptop, I can go into Settings, Advanced Settings and end up on a screen where I can type in "o2" and just click the garbage can icon to bin all o2 cookies only.

On my Android version of Chrome, I cannot seem to find the same section of the Settings screens, and the browser seems to hang if I try to selectively get to a specific site's cookies - clearing ALL cookies seems a bit of overkill:

Chrome on Android, Settings > Site Settings > All Sites, then use magnifier to search

(usually end up having to force Chrome closedconfused):

composite_15074852907813.jpg

composite_15074832879910.jpg

Chrome on Windows, works like a charm:

20**Personal info** 18_07_10-Settings.png

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
  • 36072 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

@MI5 - Sledgehammer approach to clear ALL cookies etc in a timeframe on mobile version, you reckon?

Shame it's not as easy to get down to the site level like my first screenshot up above shows.

I might try the synchronise thing, see if that helps.

Meantime, on Chrome on Laptop, I have added [*.]o2.co.uk to the section "Clear on exit" section of the browser, see if that helps:

20**Personal info** 18_32_36-Settings.png 

Thanks for the pointer.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144540 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
Settings >Privacy >Clear browsing data is the only way on mobile but clearing on windows chrome browser should also clear on any other browser assuming you are syncing data across all devices.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

pgn
  • 36072 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

@MI5 - Sledgehammer approach to clear ALL cookies etc in a timeframe on mobile version, you reckon?

Shame it's not as easy to get down to the site level like my first screenshot up above shows.

I might try the synchronise thing, see if that helps.

Meantime, on Chrome on Laptop, I have added [*.]o2.co.uk to the section "Clear on exit" section of the browser, see if that helps:

20**Personal info** 18_32_36-Settings.png 

Thanks for the pointer.

Message 3 of 3