cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing device in Google Play.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, I have just started using my upgraded xperia z1 compact and can't access googleplay from my phone. If I access the play store from a browser and log in, my old device is registered, and I can't seem to find how to change this to my new device. Any help welcome!

Thanks.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144973 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27814 Solutions
You can't change devices you just log into Google from a new device and it gets added to your device list.
The first time you open Play store on your phone it should ask you to log in - It's all automatic from there.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've always used the app to access Googleplay with no issues.
Message 2 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23203 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

Have you signed in to Google on your new phone?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144973 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27814 Solutions
You can't change devices you just log into Google from a new device and it gets added to your device list.
The first time you open Play store on your phone it should ask you to log in - It's all automatic from there.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Also you cannot delete devices either, only hide. Google is very simple tbh...

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

When i try to access the app via the phone, it stays blank like it's trying to access, but doesn't load. My google account is set up in the new device.

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 144973 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27814 Solutions
Something wrong in the setup process somewhere - as it's a new phone i would just do a factory reset and start again.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
It may also be that the play store is updating in the background from a factory version to the current. If you are on a slow connection this may take a while.

Go to Settings>Apps and find google play.

What version is it showing?
Message 8 of 9

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Do as @MI5 said and just reset, on initial setup, enter the Google account info and select "back up this device" and "restore this device..."
Go through the rest of the setup but on the date and time setup, make sure you set it to " automatic according to network"
This will sync the time so it matches Google servers"
Once set up is complete open Google play and accept the agreement then make a cup of tea as Google will start syncing your apps and account info.
Once done turn off/ turn on and everything should be ready to go.
MAKE SURE YOU DO ALL THE ABOVE OVER WIFI OR YOUR DATA PLAN WILL BE IN TATTERS.
Message 9 of 9