cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken phone again

Anonymous
Not applicable

If my phone broke 3 times and o2 replaced it and now that new phone is starting to freeze, quit applications and the screen seems to go up and down by itself what will happen? It's a Samsung Galaxy S2 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I personally would make a complaint and say to want a different phone as you have lost faith in that one

Message 2 of 8

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

Hi Emma.

Sorry to hear about your ongoing phone problems.

A couple of things you could try before going through the complaints route though:

• Back up your data using Samsung Kies

• Uninstall any non essential apps (typically anything lesser known can be causing issues).

• Factory reset your phone (this will clear it of all information and data).

• Attempt to update your software using Samsung Kies.

• Factory reset after the update.

• Monitor your phone for 24 hours to see if it still shows any of your current issues (do not put any apps back on at this point).

Hope you get it sorted, overall the S2 was and still is a brilliant phone, you just seem to be really unlucky up to now.

Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144821 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
repeat problems usually occur because people put the same apps back on the phone when it's an app causing the problem all along. run the phone without any apps installed and if it still plays up its a hardware issue. if not it's one off your apps.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

I already have done a factory reset and backed up my data, I only have 4 apps installed, facebook, twitter, my o2 and sky.

I'm just sick of it now, my friend has the same phone and has never had a problem, it's just really annoying!

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144821 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
What firmware is on the phone? Have you updated it recently?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry, i pressed the wrong button, this isnt solved

i havent updated it because my phone says there is no update available.

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144821 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

A mod will remove the tick for you....

Just because the phone says no updates doesn't mean there isn't an update. Some firmware won't update over the phone and you have to plug into Kies. What firmware are you on now?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8