cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry KeyOne Replacement

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I had a new Blackberry Keyone in May. On July 14th the screen fell out of the phone - an issue that seems to be  a problem for many Keyone users. There was no dropping of the phone or anything to cause it. The screen literally fell out into my hand.

I spoke to 02 who advised I could either send the device to Blackberry or go through the repair team at 02 who would send the phone to Blackerry for me as 02 are unable to repair Blackberry phones. I spoke to Blackberry who advised me they would send me a new phone within two days of receiving the old one. I sent it the same day.

A month later and I still have not received a replacement phone. I've phoned Blcakberry every other day and get told that there are 'no further updates at this time' - what does that mean?! I've emailed them every single day and not received a single response.

I've spoken to 02 via chat who tell me to get the broken phone back from Blackberry and go through the repairs team. I've tried to speak to Blackberry to do that but they tell me thats not possible now i've sent the phone to them.

I'm new to 02 and haven't got an old phone lying around to use in the meantime. I am desparate to have my phone or even any phone back. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123043 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous As I understand it you sent it direct to Blackberry yourself? Were you given a tracking number or receipt when you posted it back?

It sounds a real mess if honest. You can persevere with phoning or emailing or put a complaint in to O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Or Blackberry https://uk.blackberry.com/support/contact

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, yes I have a Blackberry tracking number. Thanks for that information, I will put a complaint into 02 today.

Message 3 of 10

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36072 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

@Anonymous Is this any use to you?  Blackberry are replacing these under warranty:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspence/2017/07/10/blackberry-keyone-bending-screen-problem/

Message 4 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144549 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
Your phone is with Blackberry so they need to tell you what's happening.
It's a known issue with that phone so they need to pull their finger out !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 123043 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, yes I have a Blackberry tracking number. Thanks for that information, I will put a complaint into 02 today.

No if you have a tracking number for Blackberry then it's them you need to complain to @Anonymous

They appear to be stalling. My worry is they may have 'mislaid' your device....If so they need to get you a replacement asap...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help. I know its a long shot, but do you think theres a chance that O2 or carphone warehouse would let me borrow a phone in the meantime?

Message 7 of 10

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36072 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

@Anonymous It has been a while since getting a loaner phone was possible as you describe. 

I think you have to lean on Blackberry, any user forum you can find... Failing that, borrowing an older unlocked phone from a friend or relative is possibly your only way forwards until your replacement BB arrives from the manufacturer. 

Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 123043 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Very little chance at all sadly. O2 may have loaned you a very basic phone had yours gone off to their repair centre....

Is here any chance you could buy a very cheap basic phone until yours is sorted out?

CEX sell second hand ones which come guaranteed...althoughTesco has some really cheap new phones...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous How are you getting on with this? Has your phone being returned from Blackberry yet? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 10