cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no network coverage dorchester. dorset

Anonymous
Not applicable

first post for me here, for the last ten days apart from some of yesterday there has been no signal or coverage for me at dt12ls. i have sent msg on fb and been replied to that the engineers are working to repair a mast. on saturday i spoke to an advisor on live chat that told me all probems were repaired but they were not. so looking further into this do o2 advisors blatently tell you that problems are solved when they are not. i would much prefer to be told the truth good or bad than lied to what i feel has happened. status checker shows a mast not working but absolutely nothing on unplanned issues. i know where the nearest mast to me is and currently it is being scaffolded for repair and maintainance it is a victorian water tower. i believe this mast is turned off to protect workers from microwave radiation whitch is fair enough in my view but why no notification etc from o2. used to be a good company but seems now could not care at all but still take full money from your bank etc. i just want to know the truth tbh.

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are a lot of people complaining about signal issues at the minute and the network have verious excuses.

I would recommend logging a complaint through the link and the bottom of the page....they may even credit your account as a goodwill gesture Dance

Message 2 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

As O2 do not give real time repair times and they cover this in their t&c its a case of keep Checking the Service Status.

Frustrating I agree.
Message 3 of 40

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
The status checker is the only reliable place to get info from I'm afraid.
If it says a mast is down now it will be updated when it's repaired.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

i can understand about a mast being down what winds me up is to be told on live chat that every thing is sorted when it clearly is not, is that any way to treat customers i would much prefer to be told the absolute truth good or bad.  ten days is a long time to be repairing a mast i think.

Message 5 of 40

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
10 days would seem to be a long time, but of course, no one knows the details of the fault, so difficult to comment with any accuracy.
Once the service is reinstated you may get a financial good will gesture on your account if you give CS a call.
Note, this is not compulsory so it is advisable to be polite when you call.....
Good luck and hope service is resumed soon.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 40

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

It still shows that a mast is being worked on in your area and hopefully working on it as we speak to get things back to normal.

Live results for DT1 2LS, Dorchester, Dorset

• Sorry a phone mast close to you isn't working
    This means you might experience problems making calls, using the internet, or sending/receiving emails in this area.
    Updated 11:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

Message 7 of 40

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Live Chat are not the best placed for current issues being based overseas and working from scripts.

You might try the MyNetwork app which can show live status and has a map that shows the mast locations too.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 8 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree totally. I am totally fed up with not only not having any service for 9 days now but not having any information. Thosands of O2 customers in Dorchester deserve better. AN apology combined with a detailed explanation of what is wrong and when it will be fixed.
Message 9 of 40

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You often find an apology in the local press after issues such as this.
You will not get a detailed explanation of the fault (how would that help you anyway?) and you are unlikely to get an accurate fixed repair time from them either......

Currently using:
Message 10 of 40