cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

increase spending limit on pay as u go

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know how to increase spending limit on pay as u go smartphone with online purchases 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123306 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

You need to be more specific with your question I think... Are you talking about Tap and Pay systems using your smartphone for this transaction? (If so you need specific phones for this)..Or Contactless payments (which are set by the bank not the phone) Or maybe purchasing goods online as you would do via a PC? If its this then the bank sets limits on your transactions dependent on funds available..

Unless you give us more detail that's as far as I can go....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I understood you correctly you are talking about charge to mobile...if that's the case ,here are the rules:

"PAYG customers will be able to charge up to the value of £30 in a 24 hour period, per service to their O2 prepay credit. This can be spent in either one transaction or across several transactions. Customers who are new to the Charge to Mobile service will be subject to a monthly spend limit of £100 per month for the first 3 months of using the service."

This cannot be changed, so unfortunately you cannot increase you spending limit.

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144893 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know how to increase spending limit on pay as u go smartphone with online purchases 

You can't, sorry.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Surely a credit or debit card if you need higher limits is the way to go?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

Surely a credit or debit card if you need higher limits is the way to go?

Perhaps it is the convenience and technology that appeals to the OP? Most online stores ask you to register a debit card with them. That's convenient enough for me.

Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 123306 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

I think the question posed by the OP was vague in the extreme and open to many interpretations in our answers.Certainly registering your card with onlne suppliers is a method I use ..and it works for me.

However unless the OP comes back we would have no idea what their problem was wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7