Sony Xperia T – Jellybean 4.1 update *Released*

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Good news!

The Jellybean update for Sony Xperia T is commencing from today onwards for O2 customers slight_smile

How do you get it? You'll get a notification on your device about the new software update which you can choose to install by going to Menu > Settings > About > Software Updates > Check now.

As the update has just been rolled out, you may not get this notification straight away (don't panic!) as you'll get a notification over the next few days. 

What does this update do?

• Google Now:  Google Now brings you just the right information at just the right time. Cards appear throughout the day at the moment you need them, and appear as a notification when they're important. 

• Android Beam: Android Beam is a popular NFC-based technology that lets users instantly share, just by touching two NFC-enabled phones together.

Let us know how get on and share your experiences!

Thanks, Abs

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it's got O2 firm ware on it, turn on splash, wallpapers and SIM provisioning etc but not too much.
Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still not really sure if the ota update is rolling out but I'll give it a week before going the usb route.

I'm in the middle of a broadband speed optimization thing with sky so it could go off at any moment so don't want to risk a corrupt download.

Cheers                  Tom 

Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just done the ota update to v4.1.2

What's with all the white backgrounds? I've not had a propper look as yet but I hope they can be changed????

Cheers                Tom

Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anybody having any issues with this?

Since the update, my OH has had her Xperia T shut down while charging several times.

Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had something odd happen a couple of days after the update. I'd just sent a message and the phone restarted by itself. The message had sent and there were no error messages upon restart. It's not happened since.

I've only had the phone about 5-6 weeks so can't say if it was the update that was the cause.

Cheers             Tom

Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, same here, shut itself down when entering a wifi password and another time when charging 😞

Google now is doing my head in already, randomly popping up when not wanted.

Message 16 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not exactly sure which ones but I've uninstalled or disabled a load of the dross that gets loaded when the phone starts up. No point in having apps loading that I'm never going to use 🙂

Cheers                Tom

Message 17 of 17