cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lollipop for Sony Xperia Z1?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have seen an update for the Z3 and other makes and models of phone, but is anyone able to say with any certainty when the Z1 (The big one, not the Compact version) will get the Lollipop update?

Thanks,

Martin

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi my Xperia z1 has had this update go on a few hours ago but it has caused nothing but problems and I can't find answers anywhere

The battery is draining massively quickly but nothing is working. I'm being told that an application requires an update requested by Google play services but the update won't proceed so I'm left with a phone that really doesn't work right now. Is there any fixes to this or is my phone completely busted. So stressed and hate this update so much right now.

Thanks for any help that comes.
Message 31 of 47

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Google play issue is solved by going
Settings- users
And make sure your details are filled in as owner.
Then restart phone.
Battery will balance out over a few charge cycles.
Message 32 of 47

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12122 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1126 Solutions

Not sure if this should go here, or a seperate thread, but seeing as it is about Lollipop on an Xperia z1 I'll add it here...

Since updating I've noticed two things that stand out - when I receive a text message (SMS) my phone no longer vibrates. I'ce checked the settings and it is definitely set to vibrate.

Secondly is that the keyboard no longer vibrates as I type, meaning I am constantly checking that I have hit the correct buttons. This time I cannot see a setting that controls this.

Anyone else having these issues?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 33 of 47

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Settings- language and input
The click the settings icon next to your keyboard preference and you can enable vibration.
Message 34 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep since upgrading to Lollipop my Z1 has become virtually unusable and I've had to resurrect my old iphone!

Main issues:

Messaging - just wont open - app hangs and no text being received or able to be sent

Updating - Keep updating some of the apps on phone - one game now updating over 12 times. Have deleted just to stop it.

And there i was going to upgrade to another Android phone...maybe not.

Message 35 of 47

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144775 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
Mine has been perfect.
I'd connect up to PCC and do a software repair first then back it up and factory reset if no better.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 36 of 47

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep since upgrading to Lollipop my Z1 has become virtually unusable and I've had to resurrect my old iphone!

Main issues:

Messaging - just wont open - app hangs and no text being received or able to be sent

Updating - Keep updating some of the apps on phone - one game now updating over 12 times. Have deleted just to stop it.

And there i was going to upgrade to another Android phone...maybe not.

Factory reset it, what you are experiencing is the exception, not the rule. I'm finding it very very good, one of the best updates yet.

Message 37 of 47

MI5
  • 144775 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
Has anyone else noticed that the volume level seems non linear since the upgrade?
There's virtually no volume until you get about half way up then in goes in big steps?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 38 of 47

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Yup, is also the same with the z3
Message 39 of 47

MI5
  • 144775 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
Standard then....

Currently using:
Message 40 of 47