cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

My girlfriend is having severe problems with her new Galaxy S4.

The phone randomly will not accept calls "it has not been possible to connect your call, please try again later" and text messages will not get through to her (even though she can send them).

Then randomly she will receive text messages in the middle of the night that have been sent hours before, some don't ever get through.

We took it back into the store (both o2 and Carphone Warehouse) and a new simcard was given, tried that, was ok for a day or two then stopped working again. Took it back into the store, they handed out a new phone. Same repeated. Went back into the store again, they advised sending it off for "repair" and we are now waiting for it to return.

In the mean time, she is back to using her very old phone Samsung SA800 I think?! and using the same simcard from her S4. We have had absolutely no problems using this phone which makes me obviously think that this is a phone issue.

On a side note, on the exact same day as her, I also bought an S4 and have had absolutely no problems.

I'm completely stumped and therefore any advise or help would be appreciated. Absolutely fuming that after signing up for a new more expensive contract that the phone will not work as it's supposed to and both o2 and Carephone Warehouse keep fobbing us off.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 79
78 REPLIES 78

Anonymous
Not applicable
How long have you had the phone ?

If under 14 days your entitled to a new phone, not repair.
Message 31 of 79

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144392 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
How long have you had the phone ?

Way longer than 14 days.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5 - At work is when the issue seems to be at it's worst or the root of the issue. I have tried sending messages when she is sat next to me at home and it's delivered without issue. However, some people have said they have text her in the past when she has been at home and she has not received SOME messages.

Bandofbrothers - We have had the phone way over 14 days now. The majority of the time has been waiting for Samsung/02/Carphone Warehouse to get back to us/make a decision. We have been back to the stores countless times.

Message 33 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
Then look at the SOGA thread.

Sales of Goods Act and not fit for purpose.

Complaint route http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain
Message 34 of 79

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

I'm thinking you have no choice but to send it away. It may be as well to make an official complaint and get a paper trail going. Usually if a phone goes for repair 3 times for the same fault you are entitled to an exchange for a phone of similar specs and price.

How to complain

Message 35 of 79

MI5
  • 144392 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
I'm just wondering if it's mast congestion at the work location.
When you get home try cycling airplane mode or rebooting phone and see if issues continue at home location or not.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 36 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I think this is the next route to take.

We have complained to o2 via phone, the lady was about as much use as a chocolate fire guard.

When trying to tell her that the phone will not receive calls her response was "we cannot call you back, if you wish to make a complaint then you must call us at the standard rate" or something. After multiple attempts we gave up. Apparently the trail of complaints has been logged on our account. 

Companies these days.

Message 37 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like you were fobbed off. It can pay to ring back to speak to another agent.

Good luck.
Message 38 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5 - This is my suspicion too. In the past she has received texts from earlier in the day all at once around midnight.

We have tried airplane mode and rebooting the phone but to little or no avail. Besides, should we really need to do this?

Message 39 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone else on O2 in your work area have issues ?
Message 40 of 79