O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Android Devices (Samsung, HTC, Sony Ericsson, etc.)

Level 1: Joiner
S2User

Galaxy S2 MMS not sending or receiving

I have texted Active to 2020 twice, i have reset APN to default and i have entered the settings manually but i still can't send and receive picture messages. Please help. 

Please use plain text.
jonsie
Topics: 158
Solutions: 1,822

Re: Galaxy S2 MMS not sending or receiving

Please use plain text.
MI5
Topics: 189
Solutions: 2,638

Also, have your called Customer Services to check if MMS is enabled on your account?
Samsung S3 i9305 Dual SIM. Asus Fonepad.
HTC One M7. Samsung ATIV s. Xperia Z1.
Please use plain text.
S2User

Customer Services have confirmed that MMS is enabled on my account, there is some progress, I now get an alert telling me I have a media message and to go to a website, what do i need to do to view these messages?

Please use plain text.
MI5

[ Edited ]

Either your APN's are still wrong (unlikely from the steps you've taken so far) or you have not got data enabled on your phone. You may need someone to take a look at it in store for you if you are sure you have followed all the steps above correctly - It should be working....!!

Have you tried taking out battery and SIM card for 5 mins?

Please use plain text.
Mark40

I am having the same problem. Updated my samsung galaxy sII to the latest version of android when I got it  and I just cannot send or recieve any mms messages. When i receive one I get a link to go and see the picture but surely on a newish handset model I shoudl be able too. I am tech savvy and have put the settings in correctly a fair few times, done online support with O2 and emailed them and they gave me settings to put in manually. I am almost giving up as I just get server response error when I try and send. Any help would be appreciated. Use packet data and data roaming are both switched on too. 

Please use plain text.
MI5

There are way too many of these reports and not just on S2 phones either so I guess Tech Support need to get involved. Something wrong at the server that we'll never fix on our phones....
Please use plain text.
DaveC
Topics: 23
Kudos: 77
Solutions: 24

O2 have said there has been a problem with MMS. I beleive it is fixed. However, it appears some accounts will have to have MMS removed and then re-provisioned

To contact O2 click "Contact us" at the bottom of any O2 page, and click the service you need, or wait for "Live Chat" to appear.

Mobile since 1993
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
Heeelp

I have the same same problems with Galaxy s2 MMS. I have texted  active to 2020 lots of times and tried the settings which work for the internet but no MMS, I get 'server response error' when I send mms and just recieve a web link if I recieve one.

Now I have tried the online o2 chat Three times! two times of which they e mailed me the same settings to manually type in, on the second occassion they said they had reset my account and mms would work with the new settings in 24 hours.....It didn't.. Finally I gave up with the online chat as I wasn't sure if it was just an automated system telling me the same stuff each time, so I rang the tech helpline. They looked at the chat and couldn't a problem with the settings and it should work. They told me take the handset into an o2 store and they will read the notes and check out the phone for me.

So I used my lunch hour to go to the shop... the chap told me that actually they can't access the notes but the guys at the online tech dep't think they can! Anyway he looked at the phone and then looked up setting on the internet (hmm bit like I did) on an Android help site ( I could see the screen).  He entered these setting into the phone and re-started the handset, he told me the MMS would now work in an hour. I went back to work and waited three hours ..still nothing and with the new setting the internet browser doesn't work either!  Tried re-started phone etc...still nothing. In the end I had to text 2020 Again! to get the other setting back so I could at least use the internet.

Quite fed up now. If anyone has some sensible suggestions please tell me I am tired of being fobbed off with the same settings over and over again. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
MI5

Try sending one to yourself, sometimes this kicks it into life. Also do the battery reset procedure. Otherwise it's a network issue that only O2 can help you with......
Please use plain text.