Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note II JellyBean 4.1.2 critical update from Samsung

salsoul
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

When does o2 plan to realease this critical Firmware update from samsung to address the Exynos Vulnerability bug from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2? 

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems to be charging faster as well when it's connected to my computer.

Yeah MI5, it's not as good as 4.0.4

Message 11 of 30

salsoul
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There is still no update on this so please dont mark my post as solved with an answer " 02 will never tell you" that doesnt solve the problem.

Message 12 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I have read about 4.1.2 and 4.2 yet no updates from O2

Are they not going to provide updates for the Galaxy Note 2??

Message 13 of 30

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@salsoul wrote:

There is still no update on this so please dont mark my post as solved with an answer " 02 will never tell you" that doesnt solve the problem.

The only one who can do that is you!

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 14 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Note 2 JB update 4.1.2 has been pushed out by Samsung to o2 and o2 has pushed it out to their customers a few weeks ago. I was told this last week by o2. By any OP are you not seeing the update on OTA or KIES ??? have a look here:-
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/4-2-2-update/td-p/439820
As you maybe having the same problems I am having as no matter what I try my phone is not seeing the update and am playing ping pong with o2 and Samsung. It will be interesting to know if you are the same as o2 have told me all their other Note 2 customers already updated, so it must be me,phone whatever.
iechyd da
Message 15 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

All their other customers most certainly have NOT updated, I haven't.

I don't want to update over Kies as it is my understanding that Kies does a full update wiping all data but OTA does not.

If I were to do a complete wipe I would just switch to the international ROM to avoid this sort of thing, but I don't want to lose my game data nor root my phone to back it up.

I am not using an O2 SIM in the phone though which I did wonder if that makes a difference?

Message 16 of 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145365 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27930 Solutions

The update is dependant on the CSC of the phone - It makes no difference what SIM is in use at all.

Why don't you just copy your internal storage to your PC, wipe phone and update to open european fw then copy your files back to phone, thus saving your game data ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 17 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Because as I understand it the only way to do that is to root my phone but then my mobile banking apps won't work, although its getting VERY tempting.

Message 18 of 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145365 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27930 Solutions
Root to do what ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 19 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

You do not need to root the device to flash stock firmware. 

Go to xda-developers forum, download the latest stock firmware, must be the UK version, (4.1.2 from March), download ODIN, and flash. 

Do not wipe the device, all your personal data/files/apps etc will be unaffected. 

This also gets rid of the ugly O2 boot screen. 

Message 20 of 30