Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade not received

Eerrrre
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please can I ask for help or anyone with a similar experience and how you resolved it. I upgraded my phone at the start of January. It was due to be delivered two weeks ago snd wasn’t . I called customer service and apparently it had been recalled back to o2 because of fraud concerns. I was told I had to wait for the phone to go back to o2. Which I did. 

Then when I call I’m told it’s been received but now it has to be processed at o2. No one I speak to seems to be able to help. Spent over an hour being passed around last weekend. Just awful service, never had a problem with o2 until this. 

I don’t know what to do. Have a phone upgrade in my account for +£1k and no phone!!!

please help.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23220 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

@Eerrrre We are all customers. We have no access to anyone's account information. You'll have to persevere with O2. See this guide:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/How-to-find-help-amp-contact-O2-A-Guide/m-p/1201416

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 11

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10798 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 349 Solutions

Terrible @Eerrrre 

As Bambino said unfortunately we don't have access to your account.  I know we all would love to assist you. 

Deep breath (as is said) and persevere with o2 customer services truly only practical option. Rare but sometimes found is a  great o2 Customer service operative 🤔

I  expect you have all the access to o2 customer services but I give them again.

ALSO you can send a message via social media,  it is a message so no hanging on to phone.

HERE

Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG

Or phone them on 202 or 0344 809 0202 (contract) 

4445 or 0344 8090222 (PAYG)

GOOD LUCK STAY STEADY get through it.

GOOD LUCK  🍀 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 11

Eerrrre
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Bambino @Thanks, yes aware of that. Desperately hoping someone else has had the same experience and found a resolution other than calling. Yay Omer services, which is utterly useless. 

In addition, does anyone have experience of raising a complaint with the ombudsman?

thanks for replying.

Message 4 of 11

Eerrrre
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@TallTrees thanks so very much. Appreciate it. 

Message 5 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23220 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

@Eerrrre You have to lodge a formal complaint and get a deadlock letter from O2 before escalating it to the ombudsman, who probably wouldn't be interested anyway.

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

To add to your misery, we have been told that it can take up to eight weeks for O2 to respond to your complaint.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 11

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6426 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Eerrrre 

You mention "fraud concerns". That complicates matters a lot ; if your 'phone is part of a fraud investigation then that almost certainly takes precedence over everything else. Customer Services, complaints and the like will take a back seat.

Have you had any other communications or do you hold any further information about the "fraud concerns" that were articulated to you ?  

Message 7 of 11

Eerrrre
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had a text that said: 

You recently received a scam call and an order was placed. We've stopped the order and reset your My O2 password - please call us on 202 to secure your account.

to get any information from o2 is painful. No one seems to know who can help, what’s happened. It’s disgraceful. 

I think if it continues I’ll see if I can get help with the Martin Lewis show or something else media related. 

Message 8 of 11

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10798 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 349 Solutions

You are very welcome @Eerrrre 😊 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 9 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10290 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3024 Solutions

@Eerrrre 

If it is down to Fraud, then o2 aren't legally allowed to tell you anything, and it seems that something in o2 has triggered you account to be flagged, and it may have been passed to the police to investigate...

Martin Lewis and the Media wont give 2 hoots as o2 have done it to protect you and them from Fraud, and legally they have done nothing wrong..

Ring them on 202 and get them to secure your account, and then ask them if they can reprocess the upgrade...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 10 of 11