Did you mean: 

Community Recap: October 2022

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hello everyone!

It’s November already. Yes, it’s November ALREADY. The clocks have changed, the Hallo has weened and before you know it, it’s going to be Christmas. Anyone looking forward to some properly chilly autumn weather?

October was a fun month on the community so let’s take a look back on the past month, shall we?

Amazing Content Created by You

The Games 🎮

Word Hunt Diamond - Game 128

In an unprecedented turn of events, the WHD was (dun dun dunnnnn) delayed  😱– but only by a few minutes.The “Diamond Dogs of Words” were not to be deterred, though. The show definitely did go on.

🎃👻💀 ONE SENTENCE HALLOWEEN STORY 💀👻🎃

@Cleoriff graced us with a classic one-sentence story and you all turned into a whopper. Complete with illustrations and videos! Go check out the masterpiece here.

8 Spooky Riddles - Hallo-Week Community Event

@Comben brought back the riddle quiz with a Halloween twist.Riddle 7 was a real head-scratcher for the players 🧊

The Laughs 🤣

HALLOWEEK BOOM BOOM JOKES by TallTrees

A little Halloween LOL from @TallTrees will give you a chuckle. Cheesy humor at its finest!

Friday's Funny Finding

This thread is a long-runner but had lots of updated funnies in October. Go check it out and try not to laugh too hard, yeah?

The Discussions 🤔

Benefits of 5G? 

5G is supposed to be faster, right? The answer may be more nuanced than you think. Some great insights from our awesome community members here.

Best Horror Movie

Possibly more of a poll than a discussion, but still a discussion starter. Which horror movie topped the list? Do you agree?

Formula One 2022

The Formula One season continues and @Cleoriff’s always got the latest.

BST ENDS (Clocks Go Back)
Hopefully by now you’ve realised the clocks have changed. Whether you’re for or against it, it definitely takes a couple weeks to get used to. What do you think? Is it an outdated practice or a time-honored tradition?

News, Updates and Announcements 🗞

What’s New?

Pay As You Go: Introducing "Rolling Plans"

Rolling Plans have made their way to O2. Many customers have made enquiries and our amazing members have been answering and asking questions and left and right. 

How was your October? Anything we missed in this month’s recap? Let’s keep it going in the comments!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123253 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@RafaC 

For Halloweek We also had @Breanna's Word Unscramble (which I love but unfortunately had to go out when it was run), your playlist and the best Horror Movie, hosted by @Mi-Amigo. (I think that was mentioned above)

Not forgetting the WRQ based on Halloween or @TallTrees Halloween Munchies.

A great time with much work put into these activities by all concerned.

You can't mention the good without the bad is my motto.

*The failure of the ports has been going on since October with no idea of a resolution

* Customer services generally have limited knowledge of the Rolling Plans.

All that said, it was a good October @RafaC 🎃

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

It was good indeed and thanks for bringing all those thing up @Cleoriff!

Message 3 of 9

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25209 Posts
  • 816 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @RafaC and @Cleoriff for your kind comments about WRQ; WHD and Best Horror Movie threads.

Halloween Week had something for everyone - with @Breanna `s Word Unscramble [one the hardest we`ve had]; @TallTrees Boom Boom jokes and Munchies; @Comben `s Riddles; and what, for me, the highlght of the week - @Cleoriff `s Halloween One Sentence Story. It was an honour and privilege to be involved and a huge thank you to @Cleoriff for not only running it but for giving the full story at the end.    

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 4 of 9

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10783 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions

Thanks for the October o2 Halloweek recap @RafaC 

So much effort put in and much enjoyed 😊

Thanks all

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 5 of 9

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36358 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

Ooooh! Friday's Funny Finding got a mention, wow!

Hmm, can't put URLs behind text in Mobile View tsk!

Lots of other cool stuff, as mentioned in other responses to this post 👍

Message 6 of 9

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Thanks @TallTrees and @pgn, glad you enjoyed the activities on the community throughout October 😊

Message 7 of 9

Comben
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 428 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for the mention Rafa and Mi-Amigo. I absolutely loved the content put out for this Hallo-Week event and am proud to have been a part of it. Glad my riddles were enjoyed for this Autumn event, speaking of which I can't believe it's November already... Do years get quicker?!

"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious"
Albert Einstein
Message 8 of 9

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Glad to hear you've enjoyed it too @Comben 🙌

Yeah, it does seem to me like time flies faster these days!

Message 9 of 9