cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media package deal missing my o2 SIM?

JP2024
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, can any of the team help me with the following please?

I recently renewed my home Phone/Broadband/TV package with VirginMedia when a sales person rang me offering the same package I was on for more or less the same price, she also promised I would get an o2 SIM card (100GB data, unlimited texts & calls) included in the price and advised me to set up a new o2 account as this could not be issued on my current o2 account. Anyway she said it would arrive in the post but nothing ever did, upon checking my account it looks like the SIM was never put on the package?

I've so far tried contacting o2 who advised me to contact Virgin as it's part of a package deal, but when I contact Virgin they told me to contact o2. So I've made a complaint to Virgin and also contacted retentions but was told I just need to keep trying to get in touch with the Virgin Media team that deals with contracts? I've finally got in contact with the Virgin Media team today but they have again advised me this needs to be set up with o2?

Can anyone at o2 help me with this please?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@JP2024 

The issue is with Virgin so persist with them as they haven't passed it over to O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 6

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6437 Posts
  • 116 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@JP2024 

Are you absolutely certain that the sales' person who called you really was from Virgin Media and that the call was not a scam ?  

Message 3 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10292 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3025 Solutions

@Oxonian 

Sounds like a retention call, when you put in notice to VM, it is widely know that they will call you an offer you a better deal.. 

This sound like that and not a scam, just VM incompetence.....

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 6

JP2024
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes as I got my new contract details and when I log into my Virgin account it's there with the new price but the SIM has a red X over it.

Message 5 of 6

JP2024
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, I've even contacted retentions myself and explained this entire situation, but they have just told me I need to use the normal contact options for o2 and Virgin Media to get to the bottom of this. Seems like once I agreed to the new contract no one could care less what service I'm getting and if I'm getting everything I agreed to.

Message 6 of 6